Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wirsbo 212

Options
John Abbott
John Abbott Member Posts: 356
I have a job under way that reqires 4 different injected water temps has anyone used 2 212s on the same boiler system?The one issue I can see is boiler protection being redundant but I believe that it won't do any harm with two sensors on parallel applictions.I know I may need to use some isolation relays I am in the planning stage at this point.

If I am missing anything or if some one has a better idea I would appreciate suggestions or comment.

Thanks,

John

Comments

• Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
    Options

John,

I have also had to use two Wirsbo 212 on one system! When I contacted Wirsbo they told me each system must be independant to the other! You MAY NOT wire the sensors in Parallel. They told me to just wire each "Boiler Enabler" end switch in parallel @ the boiler.

Jamie
  • John Abbott
    Options
    Parallel

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the reply I meant that both control systems would be in parallel with two separate sensors.Did you just parallel the two boiler enables with out any isolation relays?

Thanks

John
  • Paul Rohrs
    Paul Rohrs Member Posts: 357
    Options
    Water Temps?

You must have a larger system with alot going on. Can you tell me about the zones and the 4 different temps needed? Domestic water, slab on grade, quik-trak or staple up, it seems there should be some redundancy of water temps somewhere?

PR
  • John Abbott
    Options
    Temps?

I have not counted domestic in my temp requirement and I will agree That I probably have some redundancy.I have stapledown with light weight concrete dyed and slamped,4" slab on grade,basement slab on grade,hardwood over lightweight with and without area rugs,suspended tube under carpet and plates under carpet.I am using 4 temps in order to closely set the water temps and heating curve.This is a high end home and I am trying to provide the ultimate in comfort with the multi temps and reset injection controls.

Thanks,

John
  • Dave H
    Dave H Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Multiple water temps

instead of using 4 mixing devices (injection pumps), why not use a couple of mixing valves along with the injection control.

Have the injection control temper one water temp (master) and set up a mixing valve after it to serve as a slave.

Less controls for the homeowner to learn and eliminate some of Murphy's Law.

I have some piping diagrams like this I can send you. Contact me anytime 800-784-0234.

Dave H.
  • Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
    Options

Correct, I did not need an isolation relay! I also had a large system W/ 4 seperate radiant temps, two hot-water coils that ran @ 170, and a hot-water maker. We piped the system true P/S with the hot water w/ priority and before the primary loop. Worked like a charm all winter and this was the worst one we had in a long time!
    Jamie

I can e-mail you pictures if you need them!
This discussion has been closed.