Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

thermometers

Options
johny
johny Member Posts: 19
What type dial thermometers do you guys use on hot water lines.Want to install into T on 3/4 in. and 1&1/4 inch lines.The shortest stem thermometer i can find is 2&1/2 inch long.Want to use least amount of fittings connected to T and then install thermometer which has 1/4 inch NPT connection.Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    We use

a dial type of strap on thermometer. No well. Straps on to the outside of the pipe.

ME
  • leroy
    leroy Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks

Mark I greatly appreciate it.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,226
    Options
    A couple more options

This Taylor brand is a small battery powered thermometer, available from Graingers. Very accurate when used on copper or steel pipes. It comes with about 20 feet of lead for remote mounting. The battery seem to last a few years

For pex lines, a well type with the probe into the fluid is much better. I haven't seen any 1/4" thermometers, although you can find 1/4" tridactors (Laars uses them on their boilers) I'm not real impressed with the accuracy of the temperature function, however.

This is a 2-1/2" well I use with Trerice brand temperature gauges. Generallt a tee with a close nipple and FIP adapter put one into a copper line.

hot rod

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • John Abbott
    John Abbott Member Posts: 356
    Options
    Dial thermometers?

I use the Pasco thermometers with a 3/4" sweat in well They are also availale in 1/2" ips model 1450 3/4" sweat model 1449 1/2" ips

John
  • Mark J Strawcutter
    Mark J Strawcutter Member Posts: 625
    Options
    dial thermometers

Honeywell/Braukmann makes dial thermometers with choice of 2" or 2.5" dial, 1/2" ntp or sweat wells

Mark
  • Mad Russian
    Mad Russian Member Posts: 29
    Options
    strap on thermometers

Dear Mark! Would you please share the information about strap on thermometers: manufacturer,manual,description.
    I couldn't find them in any catalog.
This discussion has been closed.