Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

two stage t-stat

Options
pat_3
pat_3 Member Posts: 89
i dont have any experience using any two stage t stats .would appreciate some recomendations .two radiant heated bathrooms in the same home ,both will not meet the heat load with radiant alone.would like to use kickheaters for suplemental but only want the supplemental to come on when absolutely neccessary without shutting down stage one.(dont want a floor is not warm ,but t stat is satisfied call back) any help is greatly appreciated

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Steve Bergerson
    Steve Bergerson Member Posts: 38
    Options
    It should work

if you hook up your radiant system to W1, or first stage heat, and your supplimental heaters to W2, or second stage heat.

When the T-Stat calls for heat, stage 1 will be made first, and stage 2 will only be activated if the temp drops lower with stage 1 running. I believe that there is normally a 2-3 degree differential between stage 1 and stage 2, but some thermostats have adjustable differentials.

If your supplimental heat is a different system; i.e. electric baseboard, forced air, etc., than your radiant heat source, you will need to use a relay to seperate the two low voltage control circuits. If this is the case, let me know and I'll email you a sample schematic.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,200
    Options
    A nice two stage

would be the Wirsbo, also tekmar. in addition to two stage they have a floor sensor that allows a minimun or maximum setting for the floor. Nice large display.

Some models are programable,also.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.