Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil burners

joe_6 Member Posts: 23
What type of gasket material is used to replace bad gaskets around the oil burner flange that is bolted to the boiler and also to replace bad gaskets for the ignition transformer.Is there a general type of gasket material you can use and make your own or do you have to get OEM gaskets.Thanks


  • joel_14
    joel_14 Member Posts: 116

    You could make your own but why bother???? they are available everywhere nd are pretty cheap just a few bucks not worth it in my mind to make your own
  • Rick Price
    Rick Price Member Posts: 9
    gasket materials

    I carry a sheet of Sid Harvey #650-50 Hi-temp 400 paper. Comes in a 24x24x1/8" sheet - keeping it from being destroyed is the only setback, but I learned to put all my gasket stuff in one Rubbermaid tote and keeps it neat and usable. As far as burner gaskets, OEM are much neater (and for the price vs cutting time, better) However, I have had great success with RTV red for gasket material, and carry a small can of that. Push the can nozzle to the side and out comes a bead good enough to write with! neat stuff - pulls apart for next year and scrapes off with putty knife. For transfomer gaskets, SH has a kit for the Beckets that I/ve used pieces of for other burners #T92-2. Good luck - you'll want to do the best if your the person there the next time!!
This discussion has been closed.