Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Add heat to floor

Options
Vince
Vince Member Posts: 8
I think I would like to add heat to my kitchen floor (Wispro)?. Someone took the radiator out of the kitchen, now it gets pretty cold in there. There are original wood floors and i can access them from the basement. Could i snake Wispro through the floor joists? . How much will i need. will this heat the kitchen?. I have a hot water system w/pump, Should I hook up at the end?, I think you would call it a parallel piping system, or should i run a seperate zone. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• docradiant
    docradiant Member Posts: 1
    Options
    heat to floor

You probably should add another zone because you will need to mix or temper the water temperature by way of a thermostatic mixing valve which means you will probably need an additional circulator, flochecks, switching device etc. I've seen similar "simple" situations as this where people have got creative with two tee's, and a diversion valve on an existing zone or loop of high temp baseboard heating however, you run the risk of possibly damaging the floor and finished floor coverings with too high of a water temperature. At any rate, you should consult an experienced professional to do a heatloss or heatload for the room to determine exactly what it is you do need. "Wirsbo" is a great product line but there are many others available possible available at a lesser cost.
This discussion has been closed.