Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Base-Ray question

Options
Adam E
Adam E Member Posts: 43
I'm starting to plan my basement redo and have a couple of questions about working with Base-Ray cast-iron baseboards.

Are there rubber o-rings or gaskets on the nipples? When putting them together, do you just start the nipple and cinch down the nuts to pull them together?

How prone to cracking are the sections? I've got a couple of 25' sections of the 9" and was trying to figure out how to take it down.

Thanks.

Comments

• Adam E
    Adam E Member Posts: 43
    Options

I'm starting to plan my basement redo and have a couple of questions about working with Base-Ray cast-iron baseboards.

Are there rubber o-rings or gaskets on the nipples? When putting them together, do you just start the nipple and cinch down the nuts to pull them together?

How prone to cracking are the sections? I've got a couple of 25' sections of the 9" and was trying to figure out how to take it down.

Thanks.

• Steve Minnich_1
    Steve Minnich_1 Member Posts: 127
    Options
    No its not that easy

I'd recommend going to "Find a Contractor" on this website and finding a professional you're comfortable with. There are special tools, special push nipples, and experience needed to ensure a successful job.

JMHO

Steve,

Radiant Comfort Systems

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.