Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My first Secondary pre-fab

Options
KCA_2
KCA_2 Member Posts: 308
I couldn't get into the job because of weather so I tried my hand at pre-fabbing the secondary in the shop where it was somewhat warmer!! :-)
Wired it and the whole enchalada!! Set it on Saturday and boy!! I think it's the only way to go..

:-)
Kca
:-) Ken

Comments

• Rich_2
    Rich_2 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    nice

Thats awesome ,I saved the picture I like the board idea . I do plumbing & basic heating ,I wish I knew more about radiant (I assume thats what it is ) I just had a customer asking about radiant I dont know how to price it
  • Boonierat
    Boonierat Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Pre-Fab

Nice job.................well done sir.
    I'm real curious? how long did it take to fabricate this in man hours -vs- what it would normally take 'on-the-job' ???

I'm gonna assume that you make this pic (as well as others)a permanent part of your presentation manual when you solicit new business, again.........well done !!
    Nels

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• KCA_2
    KCA_2 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    It took

about 14 hours of me in the shop. The wiring, injection controls and (2) Taco zone controls, took about 4 hours to wire. The rest was piping, cleaning it up, shining and kinda laying it out in the first place. The requirement for anchoring the materials was higher being that we had to load it onto a truck.. The next one I figure should take about 4 hours less.
    It takes about 20hours in the field..

• Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
    Options

Nice job. I like those prefab Manifolds!
This discussion has been closed.