Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Do you consider a Munchkin

Options
We sell, design and instal the Munchkin and the Vitodens. both boast a sealed cumbustion. The Munchkin has a low enough cabinet air infiltration that it meets the requirements to list it as a sealed unit. But structurally it is not completly sealed. A big NO NO is to have one operating when instaling sheet rock. The dust from the room will plug up and distroy the Munchkin. (It's not sealed, not even close). Vetodens has a seal on it's cabinet. But it will operate with out it's cover. What if a latch does not catch and the cover is ajar? Some chances are not worth taking. What would I put in my home... Vetodens. What do we sell the most of... Munchkin. Price on the 25 to 91,000 Btu Vetodens is $3,900. 80,000 Btu Munchkin about $2,000

Comments

• Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    Do you consider a Munchkin

To be truly sealed combustion? Is it actually rated or tested as such? The intake air feeds the cabinet, which is not all that air tight, and then indirectly feeds the burner. Anybody know the facts on this? I have a job that will need to have equipment in an atmosphere that will contain some solvent vapor. I'm thinking of suggesting an outside rated unit.

Thanks in advance

Steve
  • kf_2
    kf_2 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    It is

certainly NOT a sealed cabinet.

BOOM!!

kf
  • john wood
    john wood Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Not rated for explosive atmophere!

But properly installed, can be in an outdoor location. Biggest thing to plan for is keeping condensate line ice free. Small insulated shed with heat tape on condensate line perhaps? (And glycol in boiler of course!)
  • Steve Eayrs
    Steve Eayrs Member Posts: 424
    Options
    You should take a close look at the

Veissmann, Vitodens. It will fit your job great.
    And no I am not against Munchkin, but sometimes you just have to look elsewhere to find what you need.
    After material and labor for the insulated shed, it would be cheaper than the Munchkin.

Steve
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    John

Thanks for the reply. Is the Munchkin considered a sealed combustion unit? That is what I want to know both now and for future reference.
  • leo g_30
    leo g_30 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    steve

their literature states that they are sealed combustion.

leo g
This discussion has been closed.