Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

magnetic water treatment?????

Options
carl_4
carl_4 Member Posts: 7
THERES A WHOLESALER IN OUR TOWN SELLING MAGNETIC INLINE WATER CONDITIONERS FOR HEATING EQUIPMENT...UNFORTUNATELY MANY OF HIS CUSTOMERS ARE MY CUSTOMERS. I KNOW THESE UNITS ARE PSEUDO SCIENCE AT BEST JUST BY READING THE BROCHURE. THE MANUFACTURERS OF THESE UNITS ARE SUPERIOR PRODUCTS OUT OF INDIANNA. I KNOW THESE UNITS ARE WORTHLESS...DOES ANYONE SUPPORT ME ON THIS...PLEASE ADVISE

Comments

• Jim_13
    Jim_13 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Bogus

Fuhgetaboutit. Don't buy the stuff. Don't reccommend the stuff and maintain your customer base. When their limed up systems are there for your damage control, you'll still have your clean reputation. The magnetman will have since left town.
  • carl_4
    carl_4 Member Posts: 7
    Options

I AGREE...BUT THIS WHOLESALER SELLS THIS STUFF AND HES SUCH A GOOD BSER MANY OF US CONTRACTORS IN TOWN CANT CONVINCE OUR BEST CUSTUMERS THAT HES WRONG...HOWEVER WE WILL NOT INSTALL THESE UNITS . DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY HORROR STORIES OF THE USE OF SUCH PRODUCTS...OR JUST FUNNY STORIES..
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken...

The Superior Water Conditioner company has been in business since 1964, or there abouts. Now, how is it that a company like this can sell something that doesn't work, in your estimation, and stay in business selling only magnetic water conditioners for that long??? Pseudo science???

I also understand that if you send a water sample into them, they will analyze it and will tell you up front whether their conditioners will work or not, and they GUARANTEE performance.

Doesn't sound like a fly by night company to me...

I have personally used them before and can attest to their operation. Not all conditioners are the same, so don't get taken by a schyster. Not all water is the same, so have it check by the manufacturer before you purchase.

Research the product and the company thoroughly and you may come away with a different outlook.

Just this one mans experience.

ME
  • Tony Conner
    Tony Conner Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Ask These Questions

#1/ Has any recognized third party tested this device, and approved it for it's intended function?

#2/ Has any major manufacturer recommended this device for use on it's products, in lieu of traditional water treatment methods?

#3/ Is there any proper test to prove that the unit is functioning/continuing to function as intended? ("The indictator light is on, so you know it's working..." doesn't count.)

If you get "yes" as a response to any of these questions, move on to:

#4/ Can I see the supporting documentation?
  • Keith_4
    Keith_4 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have used them on several dozen houses and have found the same results, in varying degrees, every time. The water is smoother, less detergent is used, the water tastes better, the hot water heater and or coils DE-SCALE, fuel efficiency goes up, heating bills go down. The only problem is that when they go into a high iron area, the iron in the water eventually will concentrate near the device. The machine should then be left off for one hour and the system flushed, with an optional iron filter installed before the device. They work wonderfully, although I can only say that about the one brand that I use. On a heavily scaled water heater, though, you might cause the scale to be removed, which was acting like a plug in the glass lining, prompting replacement of the heater. Twice that happened, within 3 weeks of installation, the heater had to be swapped. BUT, if the anode had been serviced regularly anyway, that wouldn't have happened. You want to make loads of cash and get repeat customers? Sell them the magnetic water softener with their next water heater, offer them a service plan where you inspect their heater and anode/flue/burner etc. once a year, and adjust their burner with a CO meter to attain maximum fuel efficiency. You'll be very happy that you did.
  • Mark J Strawcutter
    Mark J Strawcutter Member Posts: 625
    Options
    alternative use

if they don't work as a water softener, the customer could always:

a) hook it up to their water bed to help with joint ailments

b) install in their vehicle's trunk, connect to fuel system and improve mileage

Mark
This discussion has been closed.