Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hug your kids tonight...(PAH)

Options
Your friend is in my prayers.

Life is short ... and in the long run people are all that really matter. I've been commuting to work for the past 2 months ... leaving home early Monday morning & returning home late Thursday night. Just found out last night, that my 7 year old daughter broke both arms while doing a back flip off the swing set. Nothing as tragic as your story, but I sure feel far from home right now.

Hug your kids ... it's good medicine for all involved,

Bill Wright

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Life is fleeting.

This has been a tough go these past few days. First a close family friend passed away and then late Saturday night, a good friends 16 year old son snuck out of the house to take his mother's car for a joy ride after his parents had gone to bed. He hit a tree some time later, after loosing control & was killed in the wreck. When the police came knocking, they were sure their son was asleep in his bed. He was a Life Scout on his way to becoming an Eagle, his project already begun. An error in his otherwise good judgement cost him his life.

Hug your kids tonight.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Doesn't get

much sadder than that Dave. Mine are gone but it made me think of them and the grandkids. Life certainly can be cruel at times.
  • Rock Solid Restoration_3
    Options

About 8 hours ago today I tried to recessitate a man who apparently died of a heart attack on the side of the road in his car.

At first I thought he was sleeping but I turned around just to double check. When I got to him I realized he was not sleeping so I called 911.

I shut off his car, pulled him out of the car and began CPR with instructions from the dispatcher over the phone until the police and EMT arrived and took over. Sadly, I don't think he made it.

The police said he was 49 yrs old.

A few thoughts about my experience today:

1- I did notice a pack of cigarettes in his car and I really hate to harp on you smokers out there and I don't even know for sure if he is dead or if so, I don't know if the smoking contributed to his death , but let's face it, we all know by now that smoking will most definitely shorten your life.

2- Even if you are one of those people that hates cell phones and still refuses to carry one. Get one anyway and keep it with you in your car. They are very handy in an emergency. I don't know what I would have done without mine today.

3- Brush up on your CPR training.

4- Enjoy life as much as possible, It goes quick.

Your story about the 16 yr old kid is really sad. I'm real sorry to hear about that and also about your friend. I took plenty of those joy rides myself when I was that age. It's amazing sometimes when I look back to think that anyone survives that stage in there life.

Craig Asher
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    David

My heart is broken after reading your post.

I hug my kids everyday.

Everyday I worry about their future.

My thoughts are with his family.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.