Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

dry ice

Options
jeff_25
jeff_25 Member Posts: 110
a better way to freeze pipes is see if your ridge dealer rents there freeze machine out it worksgreat just make sure there is no flow in the pipe it works better than co2 are co has two of them and i have used both at the same time with branchs also after freezing the pipe i like to run in two zip screws one on the bottom and the other on to to break the vaccum i do this because i cut into a pipe one day that was not totaly froze easer to put the screws back in then finding a clampe for the cut good luck jeff

Comments

• Rich_2
    Rich_2 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    dry ice

Where would I get dry ice , I want to install an RPZ valve in a laundrymat ,2" main I have heard of freezing a pipe to cut into it. suffolk co. long island ny, thanks
  • Kritz_3
    Kritz_3 Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Dry ice

Hi Rich,
    There is a place that I know of in Roosevelt, South Shore Ice 516-379-2025. There may be one in Hicksville if I remember correctly.There is also a kit that someone makes that consists of a bag or a sleave that cinches over the pipe and then CO2 or liquid nitrogen is put in to the sleave through a port.
    Good luck, Steve.
  • Dave Palmer
    Dave Palmer Member Posts: 186
    Options
    don't

do it with dry ice,I've done before but with 1" pipes,takes a LONG time and its a pain. Rent a freezer if you can, trust me,Dave
  • Rich_2
    Rich_2 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    freeze

Thanks for the imput
This discussion has been closed.