Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Fargo seminar! (Dan H.)

Bryan_16
Bryan_16 Member Posts: 262
God's country.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    When I get back from ISH

I'll be heading to Fargo, ND for a seminar with my friends at RSES. The details are on the home page of this site.

This is my first trip to North Dakota and I'm really looking forward to it!
    Retired and loving it.
  • John Vastyan
    John Vastyan Member Posts: 14
    Dan's Fargo seminar

Where better than Fargo to teach heating? Ah, a man of great extremes he is. Outside, it'll be 17 below; Dan will be there with a tropical glow, bronzed by a Hawaiian sun, probably wearing one of those big print flowered shirts with short sleeves. I wish I could be there to bask in knowledge at the feet of the great Hydronics Maharishi, refreshed from a month of radiant contemplation. There really is no better time to attend a Holohan seminar than the one in Fargo. Imagine: he's just returned from a month of hibernation, juiced and optimized. What a learning experience that would be!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    FARGO!!!! One of my favorite movies, Yuuuuup. Man that

country is cold and desolate. I have heard there are only 2 things you do there in the winter. I leave it to all your imaginations of what they are. :O
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    You betcha!

To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • stay away from

Stay away from the wood chippers.. I was told that some people visited Fargo and don't come back...
  • Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    I'll guess...

Shovel snow and freeze yer a-- off! ;-)
  • csmclean_2
    csmclean_2 Member Posts: 10
    Fargo, ND

Never did see the movie; what brand of chipper was used? The Crary-Bearcat line of chipper/shredders is (or was, I'm not sure now) made in Grand Forks, ND, north of Fargo on 29. I use one on my tractor, but for wood, not, uhh..."limbs"!
  • The Boiler Dr.
    The Boiler Dr. Member Posts: 163
    Aww c'mon ....

By the end of March all the "snow tanned" Fargo beach babes will be showing off their rabbit fur bikinis, while sitting on their PWC (Personal Water Craft) along the rising Red River!
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    State Tree

The state tree in North Dakota is the telephone pole.
  • One of those big square states

out in the middle of the country.

Did you hear about the guy that moved from SD to ND and raised the IQ of both states?
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    hydronics class

Dan, when will there be a Hydronics Class on Long Island?
  • DanHolohan
    Nothing planned right now,

but please stay tuned. Thanks for asking.
    Retired and loving it.
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    seminars

Looking forward to a seminar on long island, thanks Dan
  • Bryan_16
    throwing stones

Be careful what you say. Bryan
  • Rick_91
    Rick_91 Member Posts: 25
    The earth is so flat out there

That if your dog runs away, you can watch him for three days...
  • So are you in

SD or ND?
  • Indeed, I would love to visit.

Somehow I missed much of the middle country during my business travels and when we hauled the 5th wheel around.
    I love trains and tugs and travelling to watch them. Maybe as soon as Granddaughter grows some more, we have her 3 days a week now.

Sorry to wander off topic here guys.
  • Bryan_16
    Look me

up when you are in the neighborhood. Bryan
  • singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    electric costs

I heard electric rates were so low there (>.03cents), that most people heat with electric. Not really a lot of hydronic activity.

Fargo , the movie was great !

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • DanHolohan
    Despite the jokes,

I can't wait! Never been.

I set out years ago to do a seminar in all 50 states. I've got many of them, and most of the tough ones, but not this one. ND, here I come!

Thanks for inviting me.
    Retired and loving it.
  • John Barba_6
    John Barba_6 Member Posts: 55
    North Dakota...

Dan --- what's the date? North Dakota's on my "to visit" list, too.

JMB
  • DanHolohan
    March 28

It's like the Bucket List, isn't it?
    Retired and loving it.
  • The Boiler Dr.
    Dan

Is there going to be any steam component in the seminar?
    If so I know of at least 3 people who would be interested.
    Thanks
    PS the email on the schedule does not seem to work. Could you possibly check it for accuracy.
    Thanks again
  • DanHolohan
    No steam in this one.

Sorry about the email address. I fixed it. It's tmoeller@qwestoffice.net
    Retired and loving it.
  • The Boiler Dr.
    Thanks Dan

• csmclean_2
    csmclean_2 Member Posts: 10
    electric rates

Indeed, our electricity rates are quite low, between 3 and 7 cents/KWH, at least in the SW part of North Dakota, where I am (Montana-Dakota Utilities). Very little electric heat in evidence locally; mostly gas FA w/ A/C, some HWBB, very little steam. On the farmsteads, there is more LPG heat, wood and coal occasionally...
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Several

Of my close friends went to University of North Dakota in Grand Forks. Also one of our apprentices went to North Dakota State. I always enjoyed our visits to North Dakota as the people know how to have fun.
  • Tim Lindstrom_4
    Tim Lindstrom_4 Member Posts: 6
    Here's what I love about North Dakota!

Mott North Dakota, The Pheasant Capital of North America!
  • Bryan_16
    Have relatives

in Mott. You come from there? Bryan
  • Tim Lindstrom_4
    No, just a visitor

I live in metro Denver, but have made the trip to Mott the past couple of years. It is the craziest bird hunting I've ever seen with flushes in the hundreds of birds. But is a little piece of heaven for me.
  • Bryan_16
    Where

do you stay?
  • Tim Lindstrom_4
    Hide-away-Camp

is where we stay and hunt. But this may change as the owners leased the property to some outfitters and the cost may be going up considerably. Here is a link to the website: http://www.theridgeresort.com/hideawayhunting.htm .

A word of caution hunting there, it is very tough on the dogs and large hunting parties are best. Last year we hunted two full sections of grass, millet and stubble with four guys and two dogs. We had a lot of birds just running away from us and flushing 200-300 yards ahead of us. We still got 22 birds (in three days) and 19 were mature roosters with tail feathers up to 22 inches long. We had one day with 65 mph sustained winds with stronger gusts, pretty amazing seeing a pheasant catch a tailwind and fly away at over 100 mph. What a blast!
  • John R. Hall_2
    John R. Hall_2 Member Posts: 24
    Have fun Dan!

Dan:

I have made a couple of trips to Grand Forks and found it to be a very nice place to visit. These are hard-working people who put up with a lot of crappy weather (and yes, devastating Red River flooding) and keep bouncing back. I'm not sure about Fargo but if Grand Forks represents, then you are in for a good experience.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.