Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dunkirk D247 Boilers with CSD-1

Options
James_2
James_2 Member Posts: 24
Has anyone out there been having problems with the Dunkirk D-247 boilers with the CSD-1 Ignition module made by Channel Products Company. This unit has a manual reset switch to reset the module in the event of a flame failure. I have several boilers which have constant nuisance shut-downs which is driving my customers crazy. Please let me know... Dunkirk has been dragging thier feet on this one. Seems I am the only one having problems... Any one else having problems?

Comments

• Boilerpro_2
    Boilerpro_2 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Glad you posted this

I plan on using a 247 steamer with CSD-1 in a few months. I'll be watching this thread closely.

Boilerpro
  • Mark_10
    Mark_10 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    D247

Did you ever get an answer on this; I’ve got the same problem with a D247.
  • GAverill_2
    GAverill_2 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    D247 ignition module problems

One of our Burnham wholesalers sold a 4 module steam (1600 I believe) when our delivery on a comparable Burnham was going to be a little long for them. One module failed very early in the game, a second about a week later, all while they were unable to find any locally.

The wholesaler and contractor replaced all the ignition modules and pilot assemblies with Honeywell components, and all are working fine now. I dont know if they ever did find out what the problem was with these original modules, but the school has been warm ever since.
  • James_2
    James_2 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    D247 Ignition Problems

Jim Benson @ ECR (engineering)is working on this. They say that the Channel Products Mark IV is not self grounding. We will be installing a ground wire from the pilot bracket directly to the ignition module. I guess at this point try this and see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.