Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Electronic thermostats

Options
chuck_3
chuck_3 Member Posts: 2
I set the thermostat for hydronic and I will see how it works out over the weekend when I'm home.

Comments

• chuck_3
    chuck_3 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    electronic programmable thermostat

Since we put in a programmable thermostat on our oil fired hot air system the system seems to run numerous short cycles. I know on the old system this was controlled by the heat anticipator. I can't find a heat anticipator on this new thermostat. Any ideas?
  • Mark A. Custis
    Mark A. Custis Member Posts: 247
    Options
    Do you have

A/C, if not do you have a burner control with its own trans former. Who made the Stat? Read the installation instructions paying close attention to the ability to change the unit cycle rate.

Mark

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Glenn Harrison
    Glenn Harrison Member Posts: 405
    Options
    Mark's got it.

Every electronic t-stat I have ever seen has a cycle rate adjustment. Unfortunatly, every thermostat is different in how to adjust it. Check your t-stat install manual, it should tell you how to adjust it. The instructions will probaly elude to a 6 cycle per hour setting for forced air heating, which is bologna in my opinion. Set it for 3 to 4 cycle per hour and you will be fine. If you tell me which stat you have I may be able to tell you how to adjust it. If your t-stat for some reason does not show a way to adjust the cycle rate, then replace it wtiht a better one.

Glenn Harrison, Residential Service Tech

Althoff Industries Inc. Mechanical and Electrical Services

Crystal Lake, Illinois

Althoff Industries website
This discussion has been closed.