Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

To drop or not to drop that is the question???

Options
i found out today that you should always go with your frist guess! putting in a 4"header and just started piping it in got to the header looked at it a min then kept going. i was thinking should i build a drop header or not...... oh well, got the hole thing together and was a little shy of a 1/2" to get the union started, riped it all back out and built a 4" drop header how sweet to see it go right together... then to add insult to INJURY... i was cutting out a nip out of a 90 the saw binded and sent me fliing off the ladder to the floor, the saw-zal follewed me down and stuck in my leg 1 1/2" deep whoa baby did that hurt.. got 4 stitchs and a deep wound cleaning!! talk about some big oweys!!! but my guys had fun with that one funny ( not then tho ) went back and finished the header. glad this day is done , sorry no pics today of boiler or leg either... see ya ...David Sutton

Comments

• MURPH'
    MURPH' Member Posts: 88
    Options
    YOUCH !!!!

These guys love drop headers. What blade did you have in the sawsall, boneless blade I hope !! I've seen em' used to whack up them pesky deer in a hurry (clean blade of course 8" and up) Ask PAH ,he has met the Pipers, and bought them a few rounds also !!

Good luck dave

Murph' (SOS)
This discussion has been closed.