Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

convector tables

Options
billygoat22
billygoat22 Member Posts: 124
Worked on a boiler our co installed several months ago. When we restarted water spit out the air vent. It was a burnham 808 mbtu boiler in a two pipe staem syatem with f&t traps off the convectors. I reduced the pressure on the cutout to 2 psi and 1 diff. raised ther second air vent I added and the water stopped spitting, I figured it was the "b" dimension in Dan's book causing water to back up in the pipes to the vents( 4' from water line to vents). Now still have two questions, the boiler cyles every other minute, so it seems to be oversized, unfortunately, there are moline fan coils in the building, not too large and several of the ten units aren't running. Where can I find tables for unit heat output to check against the boler's output?
Also, how do you figure how many vents you need on a sytem? the two on this boiler you can hear blowing 50' away. Thanks for anything you can send my way.

Comments

• billygoat22
    billygoat22 Member Posts: 124
    Options

was off today so surfed the net and found tables back to 1927 for moline heaters. Saw another post on vents here. I assume the vent rate is the volume of system/ rate of steam produced?
This discussion has been closed.