Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

steam separators

Options
steve_6
steve_6 Member Posts: 243
Anyone ever use the everhot steam separators? How well do they work? Do they make installations easier, harder ect. ? any info you know would be great! thanks, Steve

Comments

• Tony Conner
    Tony Conner Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Any Separator...

...is kind of a band-aid. There are a variety of industrial ones - I've never used an Everhot. I'm assuming it's the same or similar in function. If the installation is correct, you shouldn't need one. For those installations where it's just impossible to do it right the first time, or too expensive to fix an existing mess, they'll often help.

If the piping is mechanically correct, and the water chemisty is right, you won't need one.
  • steve_6
    steve_6 Member Posts: 243
    Options
    thanks tony

• Noel Kelly
    Noel Kelly Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Steam seperator

A great thing to have when you don't have the height above the boiler. Of course, you cound dig a ruddy great hole in the floor for the boiler but seriously, those that I have come across do work. Needless to say, there can be quite a bit of noise from them (as it does its job).

Noel Kelly
  • Unknown
    Options
    Noel Kelly, I prefer to...

build a dropped header in clearance problem buildings.

I'm not fond of copper piping on steam headers, and Everhot's surge tank is copper.

I've not had to ever use one, in over 20 years at this business.

I'm not sure how you would pipe it as the instruction books require, and use a surge tank, too.

Noel Murdough
  • Noel Kelly
    Noel Kelly Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Point taken Noel.

I have seen a lot more of these than I have dropped headers. Not that that makes it right of course. But it does seem to work.

Noel Kelly
  • butch
    butch Member Posts: 10
    Options

Have using Everhot's Anti-Surge Tank for over 20 years . Steam leaves the boiler @ over 60 MPH the tank slows the velocity thereby it stops the surging and stabilizes the water line especially important when you have an auto - feed Todays steam boilers (low water content) are designed for forcd hot water not steam!!! All the fancy piping and boiler cleaners are nice, and time consuming costing you $$$$$$$$$ !!! Ever-Hot's anti-surge tanks solves the problem-- WHY ELSE WOULD THEY STILL BE MANFACTURING THEM???
This discussion has been closed.