Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

GE replacement

Options
A nice little 1 zone with gravity heat upstairs . This was one of the Levitt houses that still has radiant heat on the main floor . The 2 other pics are 54+ years of accumulated soot from behind the boiler .

Comments

• Weil Gold

3L - special made for Levittown . Working in the area , Ive done quite a few of these changeouts , but with the new addition of a LWCO and backflow preventer to every job , as well as adding a homemade mixing valve and piping for the radiant , the job becomes very tedious . Our main concern is making everything accesible for service - even the chimney can be cleaned a little easier than the old hanger . The other pic is part of the mixing valve piping - I shouda used a different type valve for it I think .
  • jerrygb46_2
    jerrygb46_2 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    GE gone

Hey Ron Was that you on Gardiners Ave today ?
  • Actually

That was another crew changing another Hanging GE with a Weil Gold . We have 2 of the hi-jacks , so we dont have to share during the day . Im in truck 388 - if you see me , stop and say hi .
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Ron Jr....

I wish I had the stamina to do the things you deal with everyday . As always ...nice work !

I've done my share of G.E. swap outs and I'm still amazed at the quality of work you and your help do to make it look so well . Kudos , and a "great job " to all . Chris
  • eleft_4
    eleft_4 Member Posts: 509
    Options
    a true Master

Ron jr,

I Admire your ethic of not adopting the "we always did it that way" attitude and staying on track with the basic standards of plumb, level, square and clean.

You are a true master of hydronic mechanical evolution.

al
This discussion has been closed.