Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Repipe Radiator Heating System....

Options
antman
antman Member Posts: 182
Very nice John, Glad to hear Wirsbo was there for you, It's always comforting knowing a company will be there when you need them, I guess I would expect nothing less from them.

Ant

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=239&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• John Ruhnke1
    John Ruhnke1 Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Repipe Radiator Heating System

Hello All,

Here are two pictures of a job we completed this fall. The client wanted more room in his basement. We cut out all of the main pipes in the basement. We left only the branches running upstairs to radiators and cast iron baseboard. We ran pex up into the ceiling from all of the branches to manifolds in the boiler room. We then repiped the boiler.

The client now has a lot of head room in the basement. Also because of the flow meters, the client was able to balence out the system to make all of the rooms a lot more comfortable. He was very pleased.

One down side to all of this was a flaw in the manifold flow meters. They all leaked after a couple of months. I called Wirsbo and they asked me what temps I was running. I said 180. They said you can't run temps above 165 with those flow meters. I asked where does it say that in the litature. They said it doesn't because they switched venders and discovered this problem only recently. Wirsbo sent me all new flow meters for free and shipped them out very fast. I then changed all of the flow meters and lowered the boiler temps to 150. I then tuned the boiler so the flue gasses would be hotter. In the proccess the oxygen level dropped. This reduced his fuel bills and the hotter flue gas will make it impossible to condense. The manifolds have not leaked since. The client is very happy and have since become good friends. He is an engineer so he is always very interested in every step I take. He likes it when I talk technical with him.

JR

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Dana
    Dana Member Posts: 126
    Options

Very nice work.
This discussion has been closed.