Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

They got me

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,226
missed his layout on these slab boxes. He managed to hit the tube on both sides of the boxes in an effort to move them 4"! Oh well.

hot rod
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• Dana
    Dana Member Posts: 126
    Options

Nice!!! Whose tube is that
  • Andy Morgan_2
    Andy Morgan_2 Member Posts: 147
    Options
    Ouch!

Is that electrician still alive and walking???

How do you keep your sanity?!!!!
  • Steve Bergerson
    Steve Bergerson Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Where's the insullation?

Maybe this is a little off topic, but is there any insulation under the slab? Or are you using the ground as a heat sink?

Just to stay on topic.... darn those electricians!
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    It helps

to be mild mannered at times like these because there is nothing you can do about it and it doesn't help to get mad.

Keep up the good work, hot rod.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Terry
    Terry Member Posts: 186
    Options
    Like Steel

Men are like steel. Once they lose their temper, they are useless (Quoting Chuck Norris)
  • jerrygb46_2
    jerrygb46_2 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Pays

Who pays for your extra effort?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,226
    Options
    Tube and insulation

The tube is Watts Radiant 5/8" E-pex-b. The insulation is in there under the mesh.

I am putting my tube to the bottom of the pour these days. All the concete contractors around here score the slab on 10 foot grids.

While they clain to only cut 1" deep, I know better :) Some of the employees of these companies are pretty "mellow" often drug induced :) I question their ability to keep the blade at a consistent depth. If you know what I mean.

Nothing like saw cuts through a bunch of tubes! It gets worse when the slab was intended to be the finish floor :)

I fix the tube and move on. Had the electrician contacted me, I had pics and would prefer to do the chopping myself.

I charge for the repair parts and keep him on my "U owe me a favor list" Some day I'll need his expertise.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Steve Eayrs
    Steve Eayrs Member Posts: 424
    Options
    I believe that the \"U\" owe me....

deal, with the electricians has worked well for me to. Its good to be able to work with the same other subs as much as possible, since we all goof up occasionally.
    Steve
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    you may

think differently if you're hit multiple times on the same project. We had 8 hits on one 7500sf home over the past year by various subs....yes, we charge for the trip and the splice.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Options
    Just a hint!

Get that electrician to give you a roll of electrical tape, and wrap those crimp clamps to keep them form being next to that concrete. the mesh and the non-ferrous metal and the conctete makes for a corrosive mix in the far future! imho bibugh
This discussion has been closed.