Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

You asked for it!

Options
Firedragon_4
Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
Alan Mercurio of Oil Tech Talk and George Lanthier of Firedragon Enterprises are pleased to announce the Very First Oilheat & Combustion Technicians Conference to be held at the Auburn Ramada Inn Worcester, 624 Southbridge Street Auburn, Massachusetts on Saturday September 13, 2003 from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm.

The Conference is for technicians involved in the oilheat service industry and will focus on equipment and oilburner applications, no systems. Here is how the program will work:

Imagine 20 round tables of eight attendees each with a table moderator and a host. The host will be an OEM that produces boilers, furnaces or direct-fired water heaters. Oilheat specialty companies like control and burner part OEMs will also sponsor some tables.

In the center of the tables is a table with representatives from the industry’s leading burner manufacturers.

The premise is simple:
YOU walk in, sit-down at the table of your choice and ask away. The topics will be focused on burner/appliance applications and the moderator will move you along. If you have a question that involves one of the guys in the middle, your moderator will summon a burner rep and you’re off and running again. Once every hour we’ll rotate the tables so that everyone gets a shot at it.

Now, a little more about the hotel and activities:
On Friday night, September 12, 2003, there will be an informal gathering to relax, meet some friends and layout the next day’s strategy. The room will be open to all attendees and spouses and will feature a cash bar.

On Saturday, there is an open Continental Breakfast from 7:30 am until lunch. Lunch will be a sit-down affair and all afternoon there will be refreshments in the room. All of the Conference activities on Saturday are included in the Conference fee. The room price with the hotel has not been set yet, but we will have a special room rate available for both one and two night stays.

Should I take my spouse?
Why would you take a hamburger to a banquet? ONLY KIDDING!!!!!
Absolutely, Worcester is five minutes away and full of things to do like museums and great shopping downtown in a closed discount outlet mall. Boston, Hartford and Springfield are also within an hour’s drive. If you want your spouse to have lunch with you there is an additional charge and that hasn’t been determined yet.

So, are you interested?
Yeah, we know ‘what’s it gonna cost me’? Only $139.00 per attendee!
The hotel room, what your spouse spends and other expenses are up to you, but this is a great way to meet new friends, make lots of contacts and have a great educational experience while having some fun! Keep in mind that this is a tax-deductible event.

There will be a registration form at www.FiredragonEnt.com/conference beginning this week and your participation will determine if we move on. So, you asked for it, there it is, now sign up!

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Options
    And we answered.

I have been very fortunate to have met a number of you over the past few years. But this is a chance for all of us to get together in one place where we can meet each other and do what we do best. Share knowledge with each other.

This is going to be one of the best educational events you'll ever attend, I promise!

Not to mention what a great privilege it would be for me to personally shake your hands and thank you for all you have done for Oil Tech Talk by being a part of it for so long now. I look forward to meeting all of you. See you in Auburn.

Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio
  • Joe Grosso
    Joe Grosso Member Posts: 307
    Options
    Alan and George

I already sent my payment guys lets do it.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,540
    Options
    This is such a great way

to share knowledge and I think the oilheat people who attend this event will have a terrific time and gain so much from it. I know you guys have talked about doing this for some time on Oil Tech Talk and I'm pleased to see that it's going to happen. You picked a great spot!

Knights of the Round Tables!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Alan R. Mercurio
    Options
    Thanks Dan

I'm really looking forward to meeting the many technicians that have been a part of Oil Tech Talk for so long now and hopefully some of the guys on the block will join us too.

Sharing knowledge and spending time with my fellow technicians, what more could a guy ask for?

This will also offer the manufactures some first hand input right from the trenches! How valuable is that?

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • David Sutton_2
    David Sutton_2 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    this looks to be real good(nm)

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Options
    Thanks David

It's going to be great! Will you be joining us?

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • David Sutton
    David Sutton Member Posts: 82
    Options
    yes i will be there and maybe two of the guys (nm)

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Options
    That's Great

We look forward to having you with us. And thanks for considering bringing some fellow technicians with you.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    Update!

We know that this six months away, but we encourage you to sign up ASAP. Seats are selling very fast and if you don't take care of this you will be closed out.

OEM's should receive their (requested, thank you) information the first week of March.
This discussion has been closed.