Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radient floor heating systems

Options
Can they be intalled into concrete? Maintainence costs? Costs ot install? How long with this type of heating system last? What environmental factors could possibly damage this system (i.e. freezing)?

Comments

• N_carolinian
    N_carolinian Member Posts: 5
    Options
    radient heating systems

Can they be intalled into concrete? Maintainence costs? Costs ot install? How long with this type of heating system last? What environmental factors could possibly damage this system (i.e. freezing)?
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    radiant can be

installed in concrete and almost anywhere else. if you had a problem with freezing, anti freeze can be added. bob
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • KCA_2
    KCA_2 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    Some other considerations

are expansive soils:
    If your soils have a high expansive coeficiant a shifting slab can break the tubing. However, it can also create a problem with the structual aspects of the home so.. Mitigat that with a structual slab or some such animal.. I know because I have what is said to be the worst soils between Cheyenne WY & Raton NM. But so far.. No problems.

Freezing.. Usually more of an issue with a summer home. If the power goes out then the plumbing system is more likely to freeze first. If that is a concerne utilize a glycol mix for the radiant system.

Maintenance.. A radiant system, a well designed one anyway.. is like a corvette.. It will take more maintenance than a basic FAG system.. Find someone who knows what to do though.. The burner assy.. cleaners are not what I would consider to be a good Boiler maintenance group. It takes alot more knowledge base than that.

Costs to install... A well designed system is more than a basic FAG system.. Pinto's are cheaper than Corvette's. Comfort.. Priceless..

Concrete.. Best install..If done corectly..

Hope this helps

:-) Kca
    :-) Ken
This discussion has been closed.