Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Leaking BY75

Options
are out there , but we ripped out our fair share of em - more so last year and this one .

Comments

• jim f
    jim f Member Posts: 182
    Options

any pics of the new install ron??
  • We replaced it with a Burnham V83

We had to turn it so we could get the minimum 5 feet from the oil tank . We also left some room so the homeowner , a firefighter in Brooklyn , can put sheetrock around the walls for fireproofing .

On a sidenote - anyone having troubles with new General oil filters ? This was our 3rd install in a week and a half where the filter leaked right out of the box . We couldnt pinpoint exactly where it was coming from , but it wasnt the gaskets , so we changed the whole filter .
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    A CLUE, A CLUE!!!

That ain't your toy hangin' from the door is it Ron?

Nice looking install!!

I think you would freak out if you ever got to work in a full basement!!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Haha

Yeah thats my new camera case . The customers look at me kinda funny when I bring it in though . Thanks Mark .
  • jim f
    Options

ron, just curious.aren't you worried about hanging the expansion tank on end like that?? i hope you burried that 90* so it dont drop
    jim f.
  • Yep

The nipple and ell are buried - it aint gonna fall even if the tank fills up . Looking at your excellent past work and posts , it seems you might have a few luxuries we dont often see - big , wide basements and sometimes help from others for the removal and bringing down the new ones . Well , we did have help with a big steam removal a few weeks ago . But for the most part , with one day jobs , 2 men total , and limited space you have to make small compromises . We usually hang the tank down , but the customer asked for space to get a separate heater next to the boiler . Take care Jim .

Oh yeah , speaking of hanging tanks in compromising positions , take a look at someones handiwork here - they actually folded 1 1/4 copper pipe and soldered a female fitting into it for the expansion tank . And it held this way with a water logged tank .
  • jim f
    Options

hey ron....didn't mean any disrespect..yes, i do mostly new construction at this time .....but i have been in the trenches on a 1 day 2 man istall system that you have to break down and get a new boiler up and running........i understand the circumstances .you do some great work. i wasn't knocking your work.just seemed like a lot of weight on a 90*....by the way, great picture of some butcher work.
    jim f.
This discussion has been closed.