Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Just learning how to post pictures.

Options
Frank_3
Frank_3 Member Posts: 112
In case you can't follow Alan's post, here's the HTML command, a little bit clearer I hope ...

<block><a href="http://www.heatinghelp.com" target="_blank">Link to Heatinghelp.com</a></block>

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Options

Sorry to take some space. I'm just trying to learn how to poost pictures here. Thanks for your patients

Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Options

Jeff, it's done by using HTML Code. The code is just below for you to view. If you would like to turn it into a link just put a space between the a & href and put one of these < before the a and this < /a > after your company here

ahref="http://www.climatecadvanced.com">The Name of your company here

Once you put the space it should look like this

The Name of your company here

You could do this where you store your personal settings or just type it when you wish to use it.

Is it spring yet? Man has this been some winter!

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Frank_3
    Options
    HTML

In case you can't follow Alan's post, here's the HTML command, a little bit clearer I hope ...

Link to Heatinghelp.com
  • Frank_3
    Options
    HTML

Link to Heatinghelp.com
  • Frank_3
    Options
    HTML

<a href="http://www.heatinghelp.com" target="_blank">Link to Heatinghelp.com</a>
  • Frank_3
    Options
    HTML

<a href="http://www.heatinghelp.com" target="_blank">Link to Heatinghelp.com</a>

Obviously, change the document reference to your own web page instead of www.heatinghelp.com, and the text which says "Link to Heatinghelp.com" could be any other message.

The target="_blank" element tells the browser to open the linked page in a new window, rather than leaving the page you're currently viewing.

Lastly, at any time the folks at invision.net that host this forum could choose to disable this functionality. It can be a bit dangerous since a malicious user could embed other nasty stuff.
  • Frank_3
    Options
    HTML

Which will end up looking like this ...

Link to Heatinghelp.com

... in the finished product.

Obviously, change the document reference to your own web page instead of www.heatinghelp.com, and the text which says "Link to Heatinghelp.com" could be any other message.

The target="_blank" element tells the browser to open the linked page in a new window, rather than leaving the page you're currently viewing.

Lastly, at any time the folks at invision.net that host this forum could choose to disable this functionality. It can be a bit dangerous since a malicious user could embed other nasty stuff.
  • Frank_3
    Options
    HTML

Which will end up looking like this ...

Link to Heatinghelp.com

... in the finished product.

The target="_blank" element tells the browser to open the linked page in a new window, rather than replacing the page you're currently viewing.

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Options
    Frank

I have no idea how you posted the code without it turning into a link? You Da Man! Thanks for the assistance :)

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Noel Kelly
    Noel Kelly Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Pictures

Hi Alan.

That picture you posted was a bitmap - almost 1.5 MB. I use a great picture viewer available for free at

http://www.irfanview.com/

This has been around for years and real easy to use. You can change the format of a picture and resize in seconds. In the above instance you would save as a Jpeg and resize to 800 x 500 and you end up with a 30 KB file.

Noel Kelly
  • Glenn Harrison
    Glenn Harrison Member Posts: 405
    Options

Glenn Harrison Residential Service Tech

Althoff Industries Inc. Mechanical and Electrical Contractors

Crystal Lake,
    Link to Heatinghelp.com

Illinois
  • Glenn Harrison
    Options

Crystal Lake,
    Link to Heatinghelp.com

Illinois
  • Glenn Harrison
    Options

Crystal Lake, Illinois

Althoff Industries website
  • Glenn Harrison
    Options

Crystal Lake, Illinois

• Glenn Harrison
    Options

Link to Heatinghelp.com

Crystal Lake, Illinois

• Glenn Harrison
    Options
    Thanks, Alan and Frank...

I've been meaning to ask you how you do that. Just put the info to use (look at the bottom). :o)

Thanks again!

Glenn Harrison, Residential Service Tech

Crystal Lake, Illinois

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Options
    Thanks Noel

Noel, Thank you for the tip on the site I'll check it out I'm sure it will come in handy. I knew the file was large as I mentioned this was my first time posting a picture once I seen how long it took to load I knew I had to do something different.

Dan also comfirmed for me that jpeg is the best way to go. So I did some messing around on the computer yesterday and learned how easy it was to convert my current pictures from bitmap to jpeg.

Thanks again for your help my friend

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio
    Options
    You're welcome Glenn

I say we give the bulk of the thanks to Frank though. He did the best job of showing how this works.

See you in Ohio my friend.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
This discussion has been closed.