Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Danfoss Zone control panels

Options
DWood
DWood Member Posts: 60
Wayne,
On this panel, the KOVM is a modulating valve. The 24 volt actuator on the valve recieves "pulsed" signals from the brain on the board to determine how much "Hot" water is diverted into the radiant zone. The actuator has about a 3 - 5 minute stroke time from fully opened to fully closed, by pulsing the signal, we get the vavle to modulate.
Keep thinking those ZCP's. Hope this answers your question.
DWood

Comments

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Danfoss ZCP's

I'm thinking of trying a single zone m/n ZCP-DRC-1. It has a mixing valve the call a KOVM 3 way valve. Does this open and shut or does it modulate? (I can prob call them once the work week starts but I want to know now before my attention is diverted by all those crazy folks I like to call, "customers"

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    It is a.....

diverter valve, Wayne. It uses whatever temperature you have coming into the panel. I used one a couple years ago on a floor warming system and added a simple by-pass on the boiler side of the pump to lower the water temps to the floor. It comes with the MTD room thermostat that utilizes a floor sensor. Rough in a four conducter wire for the stat plus the floor sensor, if used. Nice little package.

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Options
    forgive me

for being thick. I understand it is a diverting valve. But it has wires coming out of the head so it looks controlled by an electrical signal. I was wondering is it is a solenoid type action or a modulating action that controlled the flow. I am familiar with the adjustable diverting valves like Sparco makes for instance that adjust automatically according to outgoing temps like a tempering valve. This looks different from those.

• Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    Thank you Dave

That makes perfect sense since it is an out door reset panel. How do you protect the boiler from cool water return when using this ZCP??????WW

• DWood
    DWood Member Posts: 60
    Options
    boiler protection

Wayne,
    The single zone panels do not provide a low water temperature boiler protection. Would suggest the use of the Danfoss/ ESBE TV valve in the near boiler piping if low temperature return is a concern at the boiler. The single zone panel is strickly a "tempering" panel.
    BTW, the name is Dennis : )
    Hope this helps and good luck,
    DWood
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Options
    Sorry Dennis

I used to go to school with a guy named Dave Wood. When I saw your name DWood on the heading my brain just filled in the mis-information. This ESBE valve, is it temp activated? Thanks for the information

• Bill
    Bill Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Danfoss ZCP

Wayne,
    The ESBE TV is temperature activated, the thermostat senses boiler return temperature and will maintain a minimum temperature, typically 140F.
    Bill
This discussion has been closed.