Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thrid install of the week

Options
Joe Grosso
Joe Grosso Member Posts: 307
Thank god for a hot water one this time.Plus it was a walk in through the garage doors so easy in and out.Friday in at 7 out at 5.I love it when it goes as planned.

Comments

• Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    Options
    Just wondering....

why the mixing valve on the indirect?? I always felt that I could get plenty of hot water at even lower temps.
    with the indirect and that the mixing valve was just one more PIA thing to go wrong... have sold a ton of indirect this way....

just my curiosity....

Floyd
  • Joe Grosso
    Options
    Floyd

It is some thing that this week I have heard that nyc wants installed on all dhw devices.I do not think it is a bad idea and I will be starting to do it on all installs just to CMOA.Also had a friend few weeks back brought to court over a dhw tank scalding a infant.Have found out that the family suing him will have a expert that will ask him why he did not use a anti scald or automatic mixing device so this could not happen.What a great world we live in.It was not code at the time but who do you think is going to win this case.Think about it.
  • Floyd
    Options
    It's a sad day...

when you can get sued for other peoples stupidity!!!!
    Never thought of it that way... of course I have to remember that where you are and where I am, are two totally different world's!!!!!!!!!!
    I honestly don't envy you guy's that need to hire a mafia dude to protect your trucks and a lawyer to CYA!!!!

I'll gladly stay where even though I smack a deer once in a while, I still get thanks like this after saving this building from burning down!!!!

Floyd
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Because of

the threat of Legionaires it is recommended that water be at least 140 and higher. A mixing valve is a good idea but shouldn't there be a heat trap (drop 6" below the outlet of the tank) at the MV?
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    Joe, do you do anything to the

B&G fast-fill to stop the lever from falling into open(bypass). I have had a couple do this to me, I now wire them to pipe if mounted like yours. Now if we could get boiler mates in diffrent colors to match,nice job. John@Reliable
  • B. Tice
    B. Tice Member Posts: 206
    Options
    Hey Floyd,

I know that place. Isn't it south of Mansfield?
  • Floyd
    Options
    Yup...

heading out of town towards Wally world.

You from there or related to the Tice's that live in the area???
  • David Sutton
    David Sutton Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Joe thats a good lookin jog ..but..

just one thing to think about,how easy is it going to be to do a good cleaning on that boiler? will you be able to brush that down on the angles required to do a good cleaning?, when my guys put a boiler in i tell them this.. you will be the one to come clean it. how easy do you want to make it on yourself?.. i tell them . a couple of 90's will swing the returns out of your way so the hole cornner is clear raies up the circs. with a 12" nip that will give you so much more room, and provide your custermer with years of good cleanings and a happy service tech, who had it a little better because of you..just a thought ...David
  • Joe Grosso
    Options
    Dave

The picture makes it look worse than it really is to clean the boiler.It is on the tight side but I am the one that will usually do the overhual so I take that in when we do installs and what brand we will use on the job.
  • Joe Grosso
    Options
    John

Had to replace the damn thing lastnight.It would not stop over filling.Put new one in without fast fill.
This discussion has been closed.