Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pics

Options
Dana
Dana Member Posts: 126
Yes, we do our own wiring, thats the best way to teach our techs. how to troubleshoot controls. We all have the exact same amp/voltage testers and while we wire the guys check circuits with their testers and we learn.

Comments

• Dana
    Options
    pics

Pictures of a job we recently completed.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    You need to

post them as jpeg files, Dana
    Retired and loving it.
  • Dana
    Options

OK, I'll figure that one out and try again. Thanks Dan
  • Dana
    Options
    try this

Try these
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    Nice work!

Where's the job?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Paul Rohrs
    Paul Rohrs Member Posts: 357
    Options
    Runtal?

Pic 004, are those runtal radiant panels?

PR
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Question...

I assume due to the fact that theres waste and water lines showing, that you've pictured an island sink with QuickTrak all around it. If this is true, you might want to consider putting insulation on top of the floor below the cabinets to keep the canned goods and pots and pans cool.

Other than that, it looks great!

Keep up the good work. Taco loves ya for sure.

ME
  • Dana
    Options

Carlisle, MA. About 10 miles west of boston
  • Dana
    Options

Yes, they are Runtal. The job has 9 zones of Runtal Panels throughout the existing main house, 4 zones of radiant in the addition, 1 zone for domestic. The addition is all slab on grade. They poured the slabs before we were hired so the contractor layed down a sub-floor for the radiant panels.
  • Dana
    Options

You are correct, there is an island sink as well as a counter sink. Thanks for the tip. Next time I'll do that. One problem we had was one of the radiant zones is for a solarium where the homeowner grows plants. The plants were having difficulty due to the warm floor. Fortunately, because this room was on the far side of the new slabs, we ran 4 extra heat lines and an additional t-stat line just in case something like this happened. After the fact we installed a couple Runtal panels and tied them into the extra heat lines and installed a seperate t-stat for them. The radiant now runs at very low temp. for floor warming and the runtal panels actually heat the room.
  • David Sutton
    David Sutton Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Dana thats a great looking job!!!

i loveit when all the little pipes line up like little soilders. do you do all your own wiring? your job shows your love for the job . keep up the good work... David Sutton
This discussion has been closed.