Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat failure alarm

Options
Ted Keane
Ted Keane Member Posts: 11
I used to install a heat falure alarm system in unoccupied houses and I can't remember where I got it.It was an automatic dialing system hooked up to the telephone line and it had a thermometer attached to it.When the heat went off in the house,it called the heating contractor(me),and the security company and said in a recorded message that the heat went off at this address.Does anyone know where I can get this device?

Comments

• Ted Keane
    Ted Keane Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Heat failure alarm

I used to install a heat falure alarm system in unoccupied houses and I can't remember where I got it.It was an automatic dialing system hooked up to the telephone line and it had a thermometer attached to it.When the heat went off in the house,it called the heating contractor(me),and the security company and said in a recorded message that the heat went off at this address.Does anyone know where I can get this device?
  • John Cockerill
    John Cockerill Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Alarm

Look up the security dealer for the house and have him put in a temp sensor. He will connect to an existing unused zone and the central statiuon can call you when that zone is triggered.

You can also look up a local security equipment warehouse and buy the sensor and a dialer. If there is an existing monitored system, call a professional.
  • Vernon P. James
    Vernon P. James Member Posts: 42
    Options
    phone dialers

A company by the name of Control Products ( 1724 Lake Drive West Chanhassen, MN 612-448-2217 )makes 3 models of phone dialers called FreezeAlarm . The basic model calls 3 numbers on low temp with fax tone. Middle model calls 3 numbers for low or hi temp, low battery back up, or if power goes off. This one gives voice message. You can also call in and check current temp or change any of the settings by phone. Decent price works well have sold many. Third model does all middle plus more. Should be able to get at most supply houses.
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    heat alarm

on watch electonics in n.h. has that type of setup check them out at onwatchelectronics.com

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Remote coms

Our PC 8900 Home Control and our Networked zoning system both have that option, using the Telephone access module,and are available from any Honeywell distributor.
This discussion has been closed.