Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Infrared gas fired heating equipment

Options
Combustion Efficiency???

Anyone done any testing on these and CORAYVAC made by Roberts Gordon.

Comments

• Come on folks

no one has done any work on Infrared units??? I am suprised, they are used in Ice Hockey rinks, warehouse, aircraft hangers, repair garages.

And hey they are unvented. Very efficient no heat loss at all nothing going up the chimney.
  • Darren_2
    Darren_2 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Infared Gas Heaters

I used to install Roberts Gordon equipment and the corayvac systems I installed had a blower mounted on the wall and the system was piped to this to exhaust the flue gases to the outside with a condensate drain piped to the outside. The Vantage II stuff I installed was always vented to the outside. We never made provisions for a condensate drain on these units so I suspect that the venting on these has probably been replaced. Not sure if this is what you was loking for.

Darren
  • Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    Options
    Hadn't thought about ...

the efficiency. Being unvented and burning all the gas (theoretically) at the surface of the ceramic burner - efficiency should be close to 100% - depending on the reflectance of the baffles - I've huddled under one watching my grandson and grand daughter play hockey - you need to put a hat on to keep the old bean from burning!
  • Thom Masse (a rookie)_2
    Options
    Infared Heaters

I too, worked on these in mills. No vents, lots of thermocouples when the cold started to come. Then they worked till the next season. LP gas, ceramic heat plates, and thermocouples. Run like a charm, and yes you'll need some "sun" screen.
This discussion has been closed.