Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Almost completed...............(hb)

Options
Wizaard
Wizaard Member Posts: 28
This is downright gorgeous Jeffery!

Comments

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Viessmann, Wirsbo & Danfoss ZCP.

What a wonderful combination. This is the control panel for the Vitodens 11-44 (the chimney chase). The boiler is not ready for photos yet, but the panel is almost finished. There is 4000' of Wirsbo MultiCor in this slab plus and airhandler for the upper floors. When it's complete I'll post a series of pics. What a great client this gentleman is. His son is a fluid engineer and I am being constantly quizzed. I must pass the test since I'm still there ;-)

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• David Sutton
    David Sutton Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Thats anice job H.B.

i tell ya i wish you worked for me LOL good stuff baby... David
  • Jamie Pompetti
    Jamie Pompetti Member Posts: 82
    Options
    My GOD!!!

How long did that take? You want to talk about neat work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering if you would let me know what some of that stuff is? For instance, the white box with all the pipes going into it (you said the boiler is not ready for pictures yet so assume that is not the boiler), the smaller orange box (I'm guessing some kind of four way valve), and what are you wiring everything with? SJ maybe and if so is that legal because it would really make wiring easy.

Jamie
  • heatboy
    Options
    Boxes.

Thanks, Jamie.

The white cabinet is a Danfoss Zone Control. It houses the pump, ZVs, relay and valving. I will take a picture without the cover on to show the components. The orange box is Viessmann's mixing valve actuator for the three way valve. The boiler is located up on the first floor than all piping and wiring runs down here to the mechanical room.

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

• Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    heatboy......

you've grown up..........you're heatman:)!What's the lay of the land?

cheese
  • RB_2
    RB_2 Member Posts: 272
    Options
    drool drool splat

If this were a lady....why I'd have to put my tongue back in my mouth.

Keep raising the bench mark HB.

Drooling in Calgary!

RB
  • Brian
    Brian Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Beauty Work

Whose isolation flanges are you using.They look like you soldered right into them.

Brian
  • Steve Minnich_1
    Steve Minnich_1 Member Posts: 127
    Options
    I don't know Jeffrey

Those two bottom ball valves in the right hand corner aren't perfectly stacked. Just kidding:)!!

It's SOLID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see you're using the new 1/4 turn boiler drains, for purging I assume. How come we can't think of these seemingly simple ideas and cash in on a new patent?

Why is the Viessmann on another floor? Room considerations?

I'd like to work with you on a job sometime. I think I might be as much a perfectionist as you are , but have zero experience with the Viessmann beauties. I'm going to Toronto with Mike Blier in two weeks to meet with Sir Henry Nichols III for some Viessmann training. Should be interesting.

Again, very nice work.

Steve

• heatboy
    Options
    Naked ZCP

This is a four zone panel. Tremendous labor savings and unsurpassed quality. I take pride in my ability to make things look good, but I can't come close to the fit and finish of these panels. Worth every dollar.

I have attached a picture of the electrical panel in this home. In all of my years, I have never seen electrical work this good. It is wonderful being on the same project with craftsmen.

Warm Regards,

heatboy

climatecadvanced.com

"Expert in Silent Warmth"™

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    unbelievable work

Really top of the line.

Jeff I saved this picture to show my men so they would understand where we are going. THIS is what I hope our work will look like someday. Allways shoot high right :)

I also sent this to my supplier who handles Viessmann and Danfoss.

Keep it up.

Scott

• Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    Options
    Heatboy

Some talk about the future, others see the future...you are the future. You lead and we will follow. I have been preaching, selling these "boiler/box" installations for 1-1/2 years and they are finally starting to catch on in my tiny sphere of influence. Are you going to be in Chicago for Wetstock II? Would love to shake your hand and pick your pocket ( I mean brain).

Michael Bleier
    Able Distributors
    www.abledistributors.com
    "The Supplier Who Works With You"
  • heatboy
    Options
    Vitodens 11-44

This is, undoubtedly, the most efficient, quietest and flatout coolest boiler line I have ever seen. At full input (propane, 155K BTUH), you actually have to stand right next to it just to hear it. Amazing.

Due to venting limitations, this boiler is on the first floor, some 20' from the pump module and mixing actuator. I had to completely unwire all of the plugs and sensors and extend eveything. The black cable, to the right of the CSST, is a seven conductor wire that carries line voltage (230VAC, which is stepped up from 120 VAC)for the boiler and power for the pumps. Time consuming but worth it.

Warm Regards,

heatboy

climatecadvanced.com

"Expert in Silent Warmth"™

• you're too fast

HB,

I just down loaded my digital and was going to post a "guess who's work is this" picture... but you beat me to it!

I am still amazed not only at the workmanship but at the Vitodens boiler. WOW!

wheels
This discussion has been closed.