Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tankless Water Heater As Boiler

Options
tombig
tombig Member Posts: 291
For a small, well insulated basement slab only radiant applications I'm considering it. I don't use DHW's as a rule because of standy loss and inefficiency. The gas fired Bosch seems to offer enough temp rise/flow rate for this. It seems by the specs that the burner modulates but I'm not sure how. I would pipe this direct pump with no reset/mix/, just a wall stat pulling in the pump. Dial your temp and go? It seems like an economical option. Any of you have input?
Thanks in advance
Tombig

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options

i've use indirect hot water tanks on radint loops and they worked well i've also seen and done 1 or 2 systems with d.h.w. heaters and never had a promblem your right about stand by lose that why on a small job a preferr a indirect alot depends on the amount of coin.plus with a inderict you can put a reset controller in the future good luck
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Bill Riordan_3
    Bill Riordan_3 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Bosch Heater

Be careful when figuring your G.P.M. on the radaint loop since these heaters require a minimum flow to start the burners. Over time these heaters become more sensitive to low G.P.M. situations and the burners will not ignite. Then you must rebuilt the water flow valve that controls the gas valve.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.