Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Radiator Covers

Options
Rich_3
Rich_3 Member Posts: 13
I have a customer who would like to purchase covers for the radiators. If anyone knows where or how to get these please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Rich

Comments

• Radiator Covers

Richard,

The easiest way to find these without knowing where you are located is to go to any of the web search sites such as Yahoo or Google and type in "Radiator Covers". There are literally hundreds of places to get these listed on these sites. Hope this helps. Just go to www.yahoo.com and type in Radiator Covers.

Glenn
  • paulM_2
    paulM_2 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    radiator covers - what are they good for?

do i need radiator covers? do they help dissipate heat into the room? if i do need them - what is the thermo dynamics behind it? is wood better than metal and what are the proper clearances around the radiator? tried finding kits but no luck.
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options

What are radiator covers good for?

In most cases nothing more than aesthetics.

I've attached a chapter from an old book regarding the design of radiator covers.
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Most radiator covers

act like straitjackets. Typically they reduce the rad's output by 33% or so. The boiler has to work harder, and burns more fuel. Plus, covers mask small leaks so they aren't noticed until they become big leaks. And they collect a lot of dust.

Don't use covers. Get the rads stripped and repainted. They look real good that way!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.