Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Breeching Insulation.....Boilerpro

Options
Why not call a manufacturer like Certanteed, Owens corning etc.

2" thick calcium Cabonate should do the trick. That stuff has been around as long as asbestoes.

It aint dangerous either.

jake

Comments

• Boilerpro
    Boilerpro Member Posts: 410
    Options
    Breeching Insulation

Working on a 1.7 million btu multiple boiler replacement heating plant. Have an existing 18 inch single wall galvanized breeching that looks to be covered with asbestos and it will be abated. Looking for some leads on replacement insulation. Have already priced B-vent (16 inch since that's all that is needed) and at 50/ft and 100 per fitting, looking for a more economical alternative. Adding 2,500.00 to the bid for the vent material seems rather steep. I use B vent to lined chimneys on nearly all jobs, res. or com., but this is getting a bit steep. any help would be appreciated. Thanks all!

Boilerpro
  • billygoat22
    billygoat22 Member Posts: 124
    Options
    insulation

Perhaps a fiberglass blanket product. I've seen a fiberglass quilt material- padding in fiberglass cloth-aslo called lagging. It was used on 1200* steam lines and on diesel generator exhaust on the ship I was on in Navy. It was fabricated on board in a shop for valves and other odd fittings and was laced up with wire like a sneaker on the pipes.
  • Bob W._2
    Bob W._2 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Dave, can't the chimney installers get a ceramic wool

that is high temp?
This discussion has been closed.