Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Our new way for hanging radiant!!

Options
Warmfoot
Warmfoot Member Posts: 127
I hired a guy a few months ago who used to be in the accoustical ceiling trade so he spent much of that career on stilts. We just started a 3,000 sq ft. hanging radiant job and I decided to try doing it on stilts. WOW, what a difference. sure beats lugging a ladder every 5 feet...up & down, up & down!! We are not done yet, but I am figuring that we may have saved close to a full day in labor. We are gonna start using them for rough-ins when he have a lot of drilling. Has anyone else tried this, or am I a pioneer in the industry?? hahaha...

Ernie Bogue
Master Hydronics LLC
PO Box 779
Keyport, WA 98345
(360) 394-2049

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=178&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    We use

those too. Actually a young apprentice I worked with a few years ago started using them after watching tapers.

I know of a few less coordinated tin knockers that use taping compound buckets (real men use full ones!). They screw a piece of band iron to them and slip their feet in under it.

The stilts work great as long as you aren't afraid of heights!!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • jay_3
    jay_3 Member Posts: 22
    Options
    staple-up

if you're doing a staple-up and are afraid of heights.
    watts/heatway has an extension for a pnue. staple gun.

jay
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I saw DVW

screw his shoes to a pair of 5 gallon buckets to CLOMP around at a demonstration site for the RPA. I was impressed...

My partner has used stilts on jobs before. They don't make stilts strong enough for my , er how should I say this, not so svelt frame. Yeah, that's the ticket, a NOT SO SVELT FRAME...

ME
  • John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    Options
    Buckets

I think it was Dave H of RTI doing a installation demo for the RPA.He screwed his shoes to the bucket.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 556
    Options
    8' ceiling

for a demonstration???

I can't believe you actually kept those pictures. I was just about to search my hard drive for them. Thanks for saving me some time.

Real men screw from from the bucket side into the shoes !!!

They actually were very easy to get around on but I'm sure the stilts are alot lighter and faster.

See ya

Dave H.
    Dave H
  • JimGPE
    JimGPE Member Posts: 22
    Options
    From the photo

> I think it was Dave H of RTI doing a installation

> demo for the RPA.He screwed his shoes to the

> bucket.

>

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 100&Step=30"_To Learn More About This Contractor,

> Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A

> Contractor"_/A_

It looked like different height buckets. I thought one was for standing under a joist and the other was higher to get your head up into the joists.

Turns out he had one foot up in the air....
  • JimGPE
    JimGPE Member Posts: 22
    Options
    From the photo

It looked like different height buckets. I thought one was for standing under a joist and the other was higher to get your head up into the joists.

Turns out he had one foot up in the air....
  • Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Options
    Mark,

As usual your always teaching! I have learned this new word today!

Main Entry: svelte
    Pronunciation: 'svelt, 'sfelt
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: French, from Italian svelto, from past participle of svellere to pluck out, modification of Latin evellere, from e- + vellere to pluck -- more at VULNERABLE
    Date: circa 1817
    1 a : SLENDER, LITHE b : having clean lines : SLEEK
    2 : URBANE, SUAVE
    - svelte·ly adverb
    - svelte·ness noun
    I also, do not have a svelte frame!
    Hence the name bigugh

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I sit..

corrected. I knew it was one of the Daves, just could remember which one for sure. Thanks Felcie!

The Svelted one...NOT!!!
  • Terry_4
    Terry_4 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    I bought my first set of stilts

over 18 years ago after watching tapers. You have to be careful pushing on a hole hawg w/ a 4 5/8 self feed bit though, they don't have a lot of grip on the floor. Sure is a bummer when you drop your tape or something. Also, practice some before trying stairs! Terry
This discussion has been closed.