Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello shut down

Options
kf_2
kf_2 Member Posts: 118
primary control (gray box with reset button), it sounds like an electronic issue.

kf

Comments

• Doug Dean
    Doug Dean Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Riello shut down

Help!! Heres a hard one.(At least for me) Have a Riello Mectron burner on a ACV Mignon downfiring boiler. During startup the burner shuts down and goes into lockup.(Light comes on and must be reset)Also during initial run, flame cycles on and off (Happens very fast)a few times then runs fine. This is an intermitent problem that only occurs during start up after being off for awhile. Hydraulic shutter will also open and partially close a few times during 15 sec pre-purge. Some times only hydraulic shutter will be the sympton and flame is fine. Seemed like an oil problem. New oil pump installed, all new flare fittings and new oil line back to tank filter,tiger loop installed, and finally a new hydraulic jack. (old one was leaking oil)Even had the tank filled to provide some back pressure. Let me mention that the burner was missing the oil pump. Hence installation of new pump. (Apparently previous owner of house did not pay their bill to who ever serviced the unit.) I am open to all ideas and suggestions.
    Thanks
  • jg2700
    jg2700 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    riello

check fuel supply vacuum sound like fuel problem buried tank or inside more info please.has it been serviced nozzle filter strainer. jg.
  • Bluenose_13
    Bluenose_13 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    oil

Not familiar with that boiler,but it definitely sounds like an oil flow problem.Did you check oil filter, is there oil in the tigerloop, is the pump coupling okay - not slipping. What is the vacuum on the pump? When I see a hydraulic jack going up and down I get out the gauges.
  • Joe Grosso
    Joe Grosso Member Posts: 307
    Options
    Doug

You state that it will start and stop a few times very quickly and then run fine.I have also seen this with the wrong nozzle,tubulator and air settings.If you have the wrong specs I have seen this happen.Could also bea bad stem on the pump for the oil valve.Do you have the riello handbook by firefragon ent.Great trouble shooting guide.One more thing if you bleed the pump is the flow of oil clean without any foam or air bubbles?
This discussion has been closed.