Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heil Furnace

Options
furnace. I am looking for a site to download PDF file on this furnace to help a homeowner with a no heat. I tried Heil site and International Comfort Products no service literature available. Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Kevinj
    Kevinj Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Heil

I can't help with a manual but I have the 80% in my shop and put a 90% in for my Dad's house. The ones I have are smart valve with hot surface. Have them check for the ignitior glow after inducer ramp up and be sure the presure switch is made. I have had some problems at about 5 years with the ignitiors failing and the smart valve seems to lock out all function till the correct resistance is on the ignitor. I do not recall the ohm reading for a good one but the ones which failed for me showed open even on the high scale. Also if it is on LP you may want to get one of the new stainless pilot orfices to control the orfice corrosion which restricts the gas flow (had to clean mine every year).
  • Glenn Harrison
    Glenn Harrison Member Posts: 405
    Options
    Timmie, try...

www.heildlr.com/pfindex.asp

and click on product info then service manuals and see if what is in there is what you need.

Glenn Harrison Residential Service Tech

Althoff Industries Inc. Mechanical and Electrical Contractors

Crystal Lake, Illinois
  • Thanks Glenn

I will give it a try.
This discussion has been closed.