Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

zone values on supplyw/system by pass and sepreate pump for ind

Options
clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,113
anybody out there try zone valves on the supply with system by pass[manual or p.d.v.] on oil with dual aquastat controller and seperate pump for indirect domestic water.you'll need flow valves on supply and return for the tank to prevent overheating . on heat side the bypass has some great plusescombined with the dual aquastat controller,like the pump really doesn't cycleon call for heat even with cold returns because of the systems by passand your boiler stays pretty clean from never dropping down below min.temp.about155 on most if not all the jobs i do this way there is a fuel reductionno lag in domestic waterand quicker heating response plus the boiler stay cleaner and never condense it's a cheap trick that i've seen the germans do with 3 way valvesbut alot cheaper.i would love to hear some comments from the true guru of hoodoo himself i really never seen anybody do this i do and everybody looks at it smiles and as far as i know there's really no service promblems the guys say year after year that these boiler are amazingly clean and only need a minor brushing and all the custermers have use less fuel then before thanks for such a great site that truely make me feel the good work makes up for all the bad out thereand to dan thanks for all the information and insight to make mech. realize that what you do is a time continal to all the dead guys clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• ta finnegan
    ta finnegan Member Posts: 121
    Options
    Simple is better

My dad and my grandfather used to always preach about the simplest systems. Our current technology is fabulous for new applications, but the bypass is a tremendous old workhorse that works, it does.

I spent some time in Stutgart Germany a few years ago and this is the preferred method over there, gas, oil or whatever.

Keeping it simple makes the troubleshooting alot easier too.

Nice work.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mark J Strawcutter
    Mark J Strawcutter Member Posts: 625
    Options
    system bypass

I'm liking system bypass controlled with ESBE TV - self-contained thermostatically controlled 3-way - on return.

I also like zone valves on returns. Helps keep pressure up in the zone to keep air in solution. If you're "pumping away" they are still on the pump's discharge side with respect to PoNPC so there's no concern with cavitation.

Mark
This discussion has been closed.