Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless Pinnacle vs. Peerless MIH

Options
I was curious about how you guys feel about the Pinnacle boiler vs. a typical cast iron boiler?

Do you like it better on Radiant jobs, radiator jobs, or all jobs? What do you dislike or like about it, or all condensing boilers for the sake of argument?

Thanks,
Jamie

The reason I am asking is that I am bidding a job now that the homeowner speced the Pinnacle. The job will consist of radiant on the first floor and basement and baseboard on the second floor. (Maybe radiant on the second floor if it is in there budget)

Comments

• Paul Rohrs_2
    Paul Rohrs_2 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Pinnacle

Wow!
    If I could only get the Homeowner to SPEC a pinnacle....

I have sold more pinnacles than MI's this year and I must say that I am glad to see it. Not having to worry about return water temp on retro jobs, let alone new construction, is something to be thankful for. We pick up alot of snowmelt also and usually budget is not an issue there anyway. If budget allows, I will sell the pinnacle all day everyday. I have seen the need (even as mentioned here) on small load jobs, the addition of a buffer tank to help prevent short-cycling.

I have not 1 complaint about the MI series, they fill a need especially when budget concerns arise, but at 92% efficient, the pinnacle is easy to sell.

Again to answer your questions, I can't see an application that the pinnacle wouldn't work well in.

Looking forward to everyone else's answers.

PR
  • Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
    Options

Peerlees has told me that with the Pinnacle you do not have to pipe it Primary / secondary! I guess that means I just pump it forward? But what if I am using a wirsbo injection system for the radiant?

Thanks,
    Jamie
  • D.Scearce
    D.Scearce Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Pinnacle

Peerless recommends that the Pinnacle be piped Primary/Secondary. This is to assure proper flow through the boiler. You may pipe it differently but you should be sure that you do not reduce the flow back to the boiler.
This discussion has been closed.