Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann

Options
GW
GW Member Posts: 4,695
is this thing on? I'm trying to get a new thread on

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=171&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    Happy to be

able to say that I have finally installed my first Vitodens boiler; model 6-24.

This is a picture of Jim Burkhardt who is the owner of Power Boiler Sales here in Berkeley. He's checking out the heat exchanger and limit controls of the boiler.

The other picture is of the old A. O. Smoith Burkay boiler that was flooded when the sump pump failed.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Steve Levine
    Steve Levine Member Posts: 106
    Options
    Looks simple to me!

NM
  • Jim McCarthy
    Jim McCarthy Member Posts: 2
    Options
    A really big flood

Looks great Alan. It would take a REALLY big flood to knock this one out!
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Hey Alan,

any truth to the rumor that Jim's last words were "I wonder what happens if I touch this?"?

Huge improvement.
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    Talk about

going from the Stone age to the Space age!! What did you think of it Alan? Had Jim ever laid his eyes on one? Did you notice the removable plugs for combustion testing in the first section of flue pipe?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,192
    Options
    That expensive

control located under the wetted components, makes me nervous. Maybe a pan or shield over it?

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • steve gates
    steve gates Member Posts: 329
    Options
    it comes with a cover

thank goodness.
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    The job

took me more than a week to complete; it was during the Christmas break and was a gravity conversion.

Thanks to Paul Pollets who recommended TRV's and the low loss header. Paul: you saved me from having a lot of problems; I really appreciate that.

To my customers, David & Rebecca: you were incredibly patient with us; no heat with a house full of kids and us banging on your radiators. I have much to be thankful for.

And don't let me forget my supplier (Power Boiler Sales) and the Viessmann warehouse in B.C.; they all were instrumental in getting the boiler to me over the holidays.

All the best,

Alan

• DavidandRebekah
    DavidandRebekah Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Transformation

Okay, so we're the customers in this thread, and we want to be sure that we acknowledge all the technology. BUT, we just can't believe how much more comfortable our home has become because of this work. It's a 100-year-old house, and it was cold all the time before. I could hear the gas whooshing into the main valve on my way to work each morning, and it just sounded like dollar bills burning. On the coldest day thus far, the gas just slowly goes in and the house is warm and cozy. Fabulous!
    db
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Glad it worked out

When the customer is happy, the world is a better place...

This discussion has been closed.