Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

18 below zero

Options
Just to say guys it was -30c here last night
Nice and cosy with the new hydronic system purring away.

Comments

• Frank_17
    Frank_17 Member Posts: 107
    Options
    18 below zero

here in central Maine yesterday, and guess what I was doing? Putting in rooftop air conditioners. I was certain I was done with AC back when our summer ended back in July.It was sooo damn cold yesterday I think my nitrogen was liquid.
  • Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Options
    Look at it this way

Had you fallen off the roof, you would have still been bouncing with all the clothes you had on. There is just not that many jobs out there that allow you to try working bundled up ad looking like the Michelin tire logo! Not to mention insulated gloves,"Oh is that stick of silver solder really in my hand!" "Now how do I get it to touch the place it needs to go without dropping it" No alligater shoes here, no cuff links either. Hey do you wear panty hose out there. Great for keeping the boundry layer of air from moving around. Really warm. NO KIDDING!
  • Henry_4
    Henry_4 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    My dad

would make us wear trash bags, kinda cut out like a poncho tucked into our jeans underneath sweatshirts and jackets. But I thought air liquified and no one could breath at -18.

Henry
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    It was

pretty cold here as well....got down to 57 and the cactus were hating it.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :>)

I don't think I could survive in that climate; too much of a whimp.

Alan

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Henry_4
    Henry_4 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    California

I hate California. Beaches, women, surfing, did I mention women....aw crud, I hate California
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    And that's

a good thing; It's crowded enough as it is.

There are drawbacks to the good climate we have here, though. Like when you guys get snowed in and can't work when the roads are closed, we don't get "sunned" in; we can't even call in sick when it's raining 'cause the rain is warm.

Do you feel sorry for us yet?

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.