Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Consumers are searching.............(hb)

Options
Terry_4
Terry_4 Member Posts: 42
I was one of those 256 people yesterday, just checking it out. The closest contractor I found was over 1300 miles away! (Seattle area) It looks like we need to get some of us Alaskans on board! Radiant is rampant up here. Terry

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,228
    Options
    for radiant floor heating information via the web.

You don't think so? I just received the activity report on my website (www.climatecadvanced.com), and for the calander year 2002, I had 69,943 visits. That's like 190 visits a day! In the past two years, I have had 138,000 visits. When search engines were used 42% of the inquiries were for "radiant floor heating" or some variation of it.

Amazing! People really want this stuff! ;-)

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,540
    Options
    Yesterday,

3,211 people visited HeatingHelp.com. Looking at the stats, I can tell who those people most likely are, based on where they go once in the site. I'd say about 1,400 of our visitors yesterday were homeowners, and 256 of those people looked for a pro in Find a Contractor. That was just yesterday.

You're right, HB.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Good

idea, Terry. And it's very effective advertising.
    Retired and loving it.
  • mike14
    mike14 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    We're looking because we can't find a contractor

I found this site a few weeks ago and have been checking back almost every day. The reason? Because it looks like I'm going to have to do my own RFH system. I can't get any of the local contractors or supply houses (Minneapolis/St. Paul)to call me back. I have a plan, money, skills and motivation. But it seems like no one wants to do business.
    I'm in the service business myself. If I ran my business like the local shops, I'd starve.
    Most of the pros who post on this site seem like they are customer oriented. I'm not finding that to be the case around here. Maybe that's why there is more traffic to radiant sites.
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Isn't it amazing

that I have to work this hard to convince contractors to Get Listed?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Comfort Zone

I feel compelled to share my belief. Most Contractors gravitate to they're own level of comfort. The very few forward thinkers strive to advance they're knowledge and experience for the benefit of they're clients. And therefore present themselves as experts through venues such as "Find a Contractor". This reflects the drive to be the best, and the satisfaction of providing the highest comfort level to their Customers.

I designed a simple heating system for a Contractor Customer of mine last Fall. It was a monolithic slab(no frost wall) for a ranch style home. I employed a simple P/S,VSIM system, with a Biasi B-10 Series boiler, with a WH7Z. I use Taco SR-Exp series relays and PC-705 mixing controls. The Contractor had never heard of this. I worked with them, provided heat loss analysis, and drawings. I had no contact with the HO. I visited the job site when they started the system, walking them through the control programing, etc. The System worked beuatifully, in September. Oh! I forgot to mention; the concrete guy told the HO there was no need for EDGE insulation. There was 2" of blueboard laid on edge, and he said no, take it out.

Fast forward to January; -11. HO calls in another contractor because he's cold and going through too much oil. Contractor says you can't enough heat through that 1/2" pipe. Take it all out, and do it MY way. Bear in mind, the HO was told many times edge insulation is required for this sytem to work properly. The installation was top notch, and cycling as designed when installed.

So, how are we to turn the corner on this Comfort Zone of ignorance. By the way; the consulting contractor has "one size fits all" joist systems. 125 deg. SWT regardless of heat loss or covering, and never any Supplemental. Strokes and Strokes and Strokes, and deaf ears. "Find a Contractor"? Only for the forward thinking, Dan.

Jed
This discussion has been closed.