Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Furnace Pressure Control Problem

Options
dont know what an aerotec control is but it is sticking /if the system is old i would spend the extra $ get a vaporstat/ you dont need much pressure just latent heat

Comments

• Frank DuRoss
    Frank DuRoss Member Posts: 2
    Options
    My pressure control is getting stuck

In my home I have a one-pipe, oil fired, steam system. The furnace is probably 50 years old (I would like to figure out exactly how old it is). The latest problem is that when the thermostat calls for heat the furnace does not fire. The only way that it starts up is if I slap the side of the Aerotec pressure control box on the top of the furnace. Any ideas about how I might fix this problem? Thanks for any help.

Frank
  • jeff_25
    jeff_25 Member Posts: 110
    Options

clean the pig tail out or the tapping out
  • Fred Harwood
    Fred Harwood Member Posts: 261
    Options
    Check

the calibration of the control, and ensure that it resets for the next heat call after the thermostat goes off and steam pressure falls to zero.
  • Jim_13
    Jim_13 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Easy

The control is sticking. Replace the control. Reliability is as important as comfort. It must be possible for you to leave the home for a weekend getaway and not worry about the heat maybe not working.
  • Dave_8
    Dave_8 Member Posts: 49
    Options

Our position on ANY control is that if it stuck once, it will stick again. The next time it sticks it might decide to stick closed instead of open. Replace the control.
This discussion has been closed.