Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Loop Hot-Water Heating Digital Programmable Thermostat

Options
John D
John D Member Posts: 1
Are there any Programmable Digital thermostats that work well with a Loop Hot-Water Heating system(radiant)from circa 1957? I tried a cheap Lux version (LX500-2 wire hookup,24volt). I turned down the heat to 66 degrees when I wasn't home and wanted it to pre heat the house to 71 right before I arrived home, however it took 6 hours to raise the temp and it still only rose to 70 degrees! It work fine with the old round thermostat so I started wondering if Digital thermostats aren't good for this type of system. Does anyone have any sugestions?
Thanks for you help,
John

Comments

• BOB_3
    BOB_3 Member Posts: 8
    Options

radiant systems are not as responsive as other types of heat. the best thing you can do is allow the water to continually circulate and, modulate the temperature of the water in the radiant loop, in relation to the temperature outside. you will need a seasonal pump controller and a mixing valve with an outdoor sensor. depending on how your system is piped this could be quite an undertaking. there is a company called "stadler" that sells radiant systems but you must go through a contractor. you should have someone who is familliar with radiant look it what you have.
This discussion has been closed.