Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

zone valves help me just need some simple answers

Options
jeff_25
jeff_25 Member Posts: 110
just use 3amp car fuses and two spade terminals works good for protection

Comments

• DAVID  R. FAUVER
    DAVID R. FAUVER Member Posts: 24
    Options

hope someone is awake this morning. heres what i have, two zone valves ( one up / one down ) 3 wire. one transformer, one TT on boiler, and 2 thermastats, i wire acording to schem. on box for intermintent pump and when juice is on i think i fried zone valve and do not know why. boiler start and all that good stuff but can not figure out my low voltage wiring for application. for now because it was about ten last night i just wired from trans common to one T and the other to therm. and from therm. back to T so customer could have first floor heat and left zone valves in manual so the system thinks it is just one circulator and throtted back the secound floor. have to go back this morning and need a little help. thanks david fauver
  • Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    Options
    What make zone valve???

Would help to have a little more info.

If your not sure about your wiring, pick up one of those little circuit breakers
    at Radio Shack and put it in the loop..... may save burning up a zone valve.

Floyd
  • DAVID  R. FAUVER
    DAVID R. FAUVER Member Posts: 24
    Options
    zone valve

taco zone valve 24 volt, 3 wire
  • Terry H.
    Terry H. Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Sounds like

you need use a relay to isolate the 24v circuit of the zone valves from the 24v circuit of the boiler(TT). I have a drawing that shows how but it's in AutoCAD format so I can't post it here easily. If you need it I'll try to scan it and post it for you.

Hope this helps

Terry H.

P.S. when you go this morning take a couple of new power heads and a new transformer you may need them.
  • Taco Zone Valves

Take one wire from your transformer (R) if so labeled tie it in with one wire from each thermostat.

Take the other wire from each thermostat and wire it to terminal 1 on each zone valve first floor t'stat to 1st floor zone and etc.

Take the other wire from transformer (C) if so labeled and wire it to terminal 2 on zone valves.

Now run a wire from terminal 2 on each zone valve to one T on your relay.

Run a wire from terminal 3 on zone valves to the other T on relay.

If the zone valves are close together:

2_________2---------T

3_________3---------T
  • Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    Options
    What usually goes to TT

The zone valve end switches are all that should go to TT. The 24V tfmr should not be fighting the boiler conrol internal transformer or you will smoke parts. What I like to do is get all the zone valves wired up and THEN with the Wires going to TT NOT connected put a volt meter on these TT wires at the boiler and make all the zones call for heat. If there's voltage on the wires you're going to put on TT don't connect them something is wrong. This is easy to do with a 3 wire zone valve like the Taco. The R and C on the zone valve tfmr can't be mixed among the zone valves, as Timme said keep R to the stat and the C to terminal 2.
This discussion has been closed.