Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Alan Mercurio, a giant amoung us!

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,192
Lois & I were invited to dinner Sunday night to join up with Alan Mercurio &, as he put it, a few others from the industry. Snowing to beat H, Lois speculated Alan might cancel his trip. "Not if I know him", I said(G).

Dinner hour arrived & so did Alan. We met & went to dinner with Ed Sandnes, a teacher at York Technical Institute - local trade school, Jeff Mace of Reillo & Charlie Bursey who not only represents HAGO nozzles, he writes for Oil Heat Magazine. What a crew! We had a great evening. Seems they were gathering for a presentation at York Technical Institute the following morning & Alan invited me to attend.

Morning came & I went. There, I met Bob Elwell of System 2000 Energy Kinetics, who had joined the crew. We toured the lab of York Tech. Very impressive hands on stuff, but old equipment. Obviously cast away stuff. That's ok though, the students need exposure to the crazy things we see every day(G).

Then I spied the mountain of goodies in what appeared to be a display area. A Burnham V-8, a System 2000 oil-fired boiler & indirect WH, a bunch of Riello burners, HAGO nozzles and books - tons of books. Every thing imaginable by Holohan, Rohr, Fey & George Lanthier - The Fire Dragon (I had no idea George was so prolific!)

Seems our industry giant - Alan Mercurio - arranged for donations of all this fantastic stuff to Carry The Tourch forward! My hat is off to him and all of those who saw fit to join his cause. They're paying it forward.

We (all) had a chance to speak to the class & I thank Alan for that opportunity to share a view from the trenches(G).

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=144&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Options
    Thank You Guys

Just Like HeatingHelp.com and Oil Tech Talk's Discussion Board it's all of us collectively together that make things happen. Without the sincerely caring and generous professionals like your selves none of this would work. I'm just a small piece of the puzzle and very honored to be that.

Dave and I were talking briefly the night before about the movie "Pay it Forward" as you notice he used the term in his kind words above. That's what we are doing and yes it feels good to give back to an industry that is feeding Toni and I. God knows many people have paid it forward to me and I'll be forever grateful, You all know who you are!

And the Paying it forward is still in motion Dave. Before I left Bob Elwell scheduled himself with Ed Sandnes to help install the boiler they donated, Jeff Mace will be doing Two Riello Classes in March for them, Charlie Bursey (Industry Legend in my opinion) Will do classes for them also and I'll be enjoying doing my burner workshop for them also in March.

Looks like we'll be eating at the Texas Roadhouse again soon Dave. Thanks for all you do my friend. And thanks again to my many friends that contribute so much each day without even thinking twice.

Proud to be your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio
This discussion has been closed.