Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil McLain GV Gold

Options
cowie
cowie Member Posts: 8
When piping 3"Z-Flex vent and 3"PVC air intake through a foundation wall (concrete) what can I use to seal around the piping? Will cement harm the stainless steel? I thought of cement or sillicone however the space is rather large for sillicone.
Any help or thoughts are appreciated.
Cowie

Comments

• jim f
    jim f Member Posts: 182
    Options

mineral wool is a good coice for high heat applications
  • Different companies

that make the vent pipe make a wall thimble for going through the wall. If it is Z Flex I have a catalog at my training center I can get you some info on Monday.
  • Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    Options
    the supplier

who sold you the boilers and/or stainless steel should carry wall thimble's for this application.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,189
    Options
    You still need to seal

around the thimble to waterproof it through a side wall application. Silicone would work. Also tile supply stores have colored silicone selection and some with sand mixed in to blend with the concrete or mortar.

For sealing directly against the stainless I have used RTV silicone, same as the stuff used to seal the joints on some brands od AL-29. Automotive supply places have it in grey color, if the red doesn't fit your decor!

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.