Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Explanation please

Options
Bud_14
Bud_14 Member Posts: 200
I have purchased many of your books. Probabaly fair to say no one will ever come close to the type of content you provide for all of us to learn and grow with. The stories can keep one entertained for hours. But I'm a bit confussed on the book "just add h2o" here is a great book to help contractors market thier services and business. I thought it was really creative of you to place the "No Bull"on the back of all your books. Your whole idea is to have fun... Humor them... You go as far as on page 62 "use your imagination, and never be afraid to have fun. For instance, feel free to steal from me. AS i have stolen from the wonderfull people at Neiman Marcus:". So I used the No Bull as a link to our "No Bull policy" I have not used your name, I had my business name instead. I was trying to humor them...trying to give them more then the other contractor...Trying to come up with the ideas that you yourself as tried to teach us.
I been recieving letters from you and your friends today, because of a board I continued to carry on when the three great founders had decided to "Fly off to never never land"
Now your going to nitpick at me like a little baby. Doeds it make you feel superior...Do you want to discuss your other books and where you got the ideas from. Now I have been leaving this alone and haven't bothered you...Please stop bothering me.
I have you letters and if need be I'll post them. Or we can drop it like I have asked you to do twice today.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    Bothering you, Bud?

I don't understand. I was flattered. I was working on our Affiliates section last night, paying commissions and checking for broken links. You're a registered affiliate and I was admiring your sites. I saw the logo and just thought I'd ask if I was the inspiration. My exact words in the email were, "Bud, I spotted this on one of your sites. That's nearly identical to the logo that we created for use on the backs of our books. Is that where you got it? Dan"

Why so nasty?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Bud_14
    Bud_14 Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Sorry...defensive mode

I have been recieving a lot of mail, all concerned about "ThePiers" much of it good and some not so good. I guess the timing was wrong.

Lets carry on please.

Ps...your books have been a great inspiration to me and my work. Thank you Dan.
This discussion has been closed.