Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Manifold question

Options
chuck shaw
chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
I am looking at a job, where a homeowner installed his own RTI brand tubing. I do not know of a supply house that I deal with, that carries RTI. Does anyone know if either Watts or Wirsbo manifolds and connections work with RTI brand tubing? Has anyone tried this before?

thanks in advance

Chuck Shaw

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=143&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    I think

the Watts system will accept RTI. If you have a tee branch laying around, try putting the fittng into the tube.

Where did the HO get the RTI?

I hope it is RTI and not Radiantec.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Try

contacting RTI for availability in your area. 800-784-0234. Actually any crimp that has the ASTM # should work. RTI has a unique crimp ring. I think it's called an Oditker (sp) clamp, named after the inventor. Often seen in the automotive industry. One tool fits all the different sizes, which is handy.

Any of the other copper crimp rings should fit, and work. Watts, Vanguard, Quest, Sioux Chief, etc. Same goes for the compression style fittings.

If it's Radiantech, you've got a problem. They use a unusual size tube and fitting.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    Options
    99% sure

That it is RTI. Homeowner said he had been dealing with a compnay out of Long Island, for design and tech information. He said he got the tubing at a local supply house, but can't remember the name, was going to have to look up canceled check. If that is the case, I should be able to get what I need.

Thanks for the information

Chuck Shaw

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    It will probably work.

Chuck,

If I remember correctly, I have used Wirsbo manifolds with RTI (C-Pex) and Roth. As long as the outer diameter is the same, it should work. RTI was (still?) using Danfoss manifolds which are very nice to work with. I have used a number of them with no issues. I say that about all Danfoss stuff though.

Warm Regards,

hb

"Expert in Silent Warmth"™

888-UB-COMFY

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Bill Barrett
    Bill Barrett Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Wirsbo

I love Wirsbo,but I wouldn't mix Wirsbo products with any other brand. Just my two cents. Bill
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    wirsbo

i used wirsbo manifolds with embassy pipe, with no problems. bob
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • zeb_3
    zeb_3 Member Posts: 104
    Options
    RTI

I have used RTI tubing w/ other manf. fittings and manifolds, NO PROBLEMS. They have the BEST crimp ring out there. One crimper for all size rings, easy assy. & disassy.
This discussion has been closed.