Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

kick heaters

Options
Steve-O
Steve-O Member Posts: 21
Checked everything recommended thanks for the responces.Have power to unit and blower works too. Reason not going on do not have any curculation through the 1/2" supply and return pipes. The baseboard still heating fine . The steam system working fine.Did check out H eating Q/A under condesate hot water heating cleared up the principle behind how should work but no metion of kick heater combonation.If I understud correctly then as long as the air vents onthe kick heater are thight then once loop purged water should stay in the loop right so it shouldnt matter if the check vales at the boiler hold or not atmospheric pressure should keep the water in the system.Check valves just so zone doesnt circulate when when zone not calling for heat right?So why cant i get the heater to circulate?When I bled with the circulator off air sucks in isthat what is supposed to happen?When i bled with the circulator on I get water. When I power purge I get water.Didnt find any visable leaks on system.Am I missing something?

Comments

• jim bannister
    jim bannister Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Kick Space Heater

Steve,

How is the heater taken off of the main? Is the loop going through the heater or is it taken off of the main with two tees? If the installer used two regular tees, the friction would be too great for the flow to occur normally. In order to purge you have to cut in valves on the supply and return of the kickspace heater, shutting them off one at a time and bleeding under pressure.
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    Kick heater

Steve, when I put a kick or baseboard zone on a steam system I always pipe so fill goes into that system then into boiler. I feel this way has a better change of always having water in it. Anyway this always works for me.Hope this helps ,now back to the party Merry x-mas John@Reliable
This discussion has been closed.