Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The Yule Log is back!! (hb)

Options
heatboy
heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
This won’t mean much to anyone that’s not from the NY area, but it takes me back to my kidhood. The Yule Log will be on WPIX from NY at 9 AM on Christmas day. It’s amazing what gets me excited these days! I wish all of my friends here the greatest Christmas can bring. Hug your kids!

Warm Regards,

hb

"Expert in Silent Warmth"™

888-UB-COMFY

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=103&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• jerrygb46
    jerrygb46 Member Posts: 11
    Options

Fast story about yulelog,Years back wife's Grand parents had a lovely home complete with a wood burning fireplace.Houses built on L.I. then were top shelf.The Grandfather was a real bug about the house he built!Deckgray painted workshop floors,ect.. Well he never wanted the smell of wood in the fireplace;sssso on Christmas Eve he'd put an old B/W tv in the fireplace.Still kid the wife about it today,I miss the old times,(sniffel)!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    Love the log!

I used to sit and carefully watch the same flame pop in the same spot about every 15 seconds. Be the log.
    Retired and loving it.
  • JimGPE_3
    JimGPE_3 Member Posts: 240
    Options

Okay, so we're talking here about a video feed of a log burning in a fire place?

(I can hear it now:"Don't touch that poker! We'll be right back after this word from our sponsor.")

Any play-by-play or color anouncing? Do they have a letterbox edition? How about a segment on "The Making of The Yule Log - A Behind the Scenes Look."

(This is what happens when you make me work on Christmas Eve!)

Ha! Merry Christmas, all!
  • Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    watchn' the log while i................

eat my pulled pork:).........love the log but gotta love the pork butt off my smoker,complete with my homemade sauce!This is about a 15 hour proposition.

HEY ALL YOU INDUSTRY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

MERRY XMAS!!

the cheese :)
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,538
    Options
    Yule Log Live! (sort of)

Catch it on the Net: http://wb11.trb.com/

Retired and loving it.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Christmas tradition

MIke that looks better than you descibe. I would LOVE to come by for some pulled pork and homemade sauce mmmmmm.

We have linguica every Christmas eve. Its such a tradition that my cousin sent me this photo...

Hope you all had a nice day.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Options
    Closed-captions

and multi-lingual, sponsored by.....Heatinghelp.com and the good folks at "Find a Contractor". Stay tuned for toll free #.

Unusually cold weather for South Louisiana, 33 deg's.

How cold is outside YOUR front door this morning ?

Yeterday, I ate roast beef, rice & gravy, green bean casserole, and hot potato salad, cooked by an incredible Cajun, 82 yr old "Maw Maw Demarest" (pronounced De-Mahrie).

I didn't even need to put my teeth in :O)

Y'all take care out there, Happy New year to everyone.

Brian in Swampland.
This discussion has been closed.